BPO/call centre

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by sisu, Jun 25, 2005.

1. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

IT does suck in fact ... i have come to realise this recently :(

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Life gets so repetitive in IT. If I think that next several years I will be doing the same thing, it scares the hell out of me :shock: . No excitement. Most of the IT jobs are like you do some crap and take excess salary package home. Do some down trodden rejected work and call yourself to be working in hi-tech things.

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Dude.. Sounds funny when u say Ronnieanand is jealous of some guy working for crappy BPO ..... He works for Intel ...... and has worked for some major companies b4 and he has been in industry for some 6 yrs.....
    I am saying this coz these days respect for good companies is going down with all villagers speaking about INFOSYS and WIPRO ...... So some how copuldnt stand to see a BPO guy speak of an Intel chap......

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ohhh so Uncle Ron is in Intel ...
    hey i heard that AMD is coming up with an office just in the vicinity of Intel (or mayB already there), at Bangy ...

is it troo?
    and the reason they wanted it bcoz the wanted to poach ppl ... who are already well versed in hardware ... ?

5. ronnieanand

Yup AMD has come up with it's centre here in Bangalore and I guess it's around a year by now. They hooked some Intel guys with them with some huge pay.

6. sisu

sisu New Member

but dont u think talkin IT ..its far superior than a BPO industry...right now m workin in call centre for just killin time...wt i see is IT industry can no where be compared to an BPO...IT is far more superior in all aspects..wt i got from wt u said is like there is not much of diff in an IT or BPO industry...is it really so?
    no offence ...wts written is just a thoght n confusion....

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

array nahi bhai ...

the fact is any job sux ... as long as it is a job ... which u do just for earning money ...
    so that can be true for call center as well as IT ...

so u dont want a job that sux ... well first understand/investigate/introspect - what u wanna do ... second realise the fact that what u wanna do may not reward u financially ...
    now decide ... do have **** mein dum ... if u have ... u continue with your passion ... and make it your profession ...

definitely it wont suck ...

8. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

in ma case there is no diff.......we get screwed in both..i remember 6 mnths back i ws put in a security proj which had all crappy stuff lik firewall administration and things related to dat.....and we had night shifts.....coz we were suppotin US clients.....da job ws fun and i learned a lot but it got repetitive at times....no creativity....so basically it ws sm crappy laobur wrk however i got a good profile but still da job sucked....ma view on dis....as long as there is no creativity in ur job....ur doin labour wrk....and if u hate wat ur doin....quit asap...coz life is too short......

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

To be frank in INDIA .... there is not much diffrence between Call Center and IT industry ... They r just diffrent names..... But otside in US it does make a diffrence...
    Basicaly the service is divided in to 5 levels ...
    L0 --- Is the self help or the online help you get in a system...
    L1 --- Is the call center Job ...
    L2 --- Is a bit above call center and place where Software Enggs come in ... Involves communicating with call center guys or the users through mail or CRMs normally.. And also Testing
    L3 --- Involves updation and enhancements to existing project ...
    L4 --- Involes more of coding than other levels and not present in all projects ... here the ppl communicate with Boss in US and do as they are told .... They dont even design stuffs ... The templates are given the Tech Spec and Design Doc ... and u need to do whts told...

Other than this there is hardly anything else in india ... 85 % of the bussiness for india is through these 5 levels.....

10. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

not exactly the same story in a product based software industry ...

but yeah the Big Shot in US decide everything ...

and the best part is ... many of the Big Shot in US are Indians ... hahaaaahaaaaa ...

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Product based ...... How many are here probably u can count them with your fingers .... I know about just some 5 to 6 companies ......
    And how many will work ins uch companies .....
    Talishma entire strength is 450 ..... 90 in India ....... Thats it ......
    Adaptech ....... 65 in India........
    Trilogy ...... 260 ......
    Netdevices ...... 43 .....
    Hope u get what i mean .....
    And the bosses in US from India report to a firang Boss and these guys havta do what they say ..... They dont have ownership of any projects .....

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ummm not so in my case ...
    :)

13. ronnieanand

Hey you forgot Intel. We make the biggest chip ever made in India. Almost totally made in India and comes back to us in $$$$ :mad: when we have to buy it.

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

IMHO AMD is better than Intel ... value for money ...

15. jtarabad

jtarabad New Member

:p: Yup. It's a very good industry coz me too work in a BPo