BPO/call centre

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by sisu, Jun 25, 2005.

1. sisu

sisu New Member

guys..will like to know from u...wt u think..call centre or so called BPO industry is good as career or not....wht u people think of call centre?good for young gen or all wrong things happen ther?

2. $cReWdR!veR

$cReWdR!veR .:: Sweetheart ::.

its not wrong... as long as u get a nice pay which can keep u goin its good...

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Its good, untill when people think the west is 'cooler'. Be proud of your nation people.

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I want to work there as a part timer..;)..I love it..but not seen any of them near by..:sadbye:

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

ok lets see..talking abt career....the growth ladder gets v.v.narrow if u want to go to the top..if u join as a CCE or TSE...its not necessary that even within 2 years uL become a Team Leader..so if u have lotsa patience..and moreover the drastic impact it has on ur physilogical clock u can go 4 it...its obviously high paying and the job is easy to acquire..all u need is gud english and right attitude

if the BPO industry really intrigues u..go for it..no work is trivial afterall

sum pros n cons i find

pros-
    high salary
    pick up and drop
    food
    easy cash
    for time pass..its gud

cons-
    the only major flipside i believe is the adverse effect on ur health..when ur biological clock disturbs..lots can happen..insomnia,hairfall,dark circles,irritation,weakness (coz in ur sleep compensation u end up missing a course or two) and ofcourse..the growth opportunities r slightly bleak!

phew!! :) hope u guys didnt feel that i vaguely blabbered..heehe..but sum people atleast wud find it important and useful!!

my suggestion~> if ur free and u have nothing else to do and ur ego is gettin hurt and u need sum cash in those empty pockets.n ya wanna do summer job kinda stuff.pls do go for it..but a career? my advice would be .... NO!!!

that was it!! :)

tahda!!

bob-bobby likes this.
  6. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

personally i dont feel so you can take up a job as your career point of view , the world is open - there are much more better things to do ...

it was very well worded by vini , when she said

7. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

YEah, if you are goin to look at this job as a career, be ready to get screwed all your life then. Actually that is also not sure, with english made as a compulsory language in Japan, no one can tell about the future of this industry.

Hmm,.. but try it once, its fun! I mean atleast the training months, hehe,. u can have a hell lot of a time if u actually dont concentrate on training and get involved otherwise. :p:

Have fun :) ,...but not for all your life.

8. $cReWdR!veR

its a good part time 4 people...at least 4 people like me some nice and fast cash is always welcome but being a beachbum all your life... nah...
    @vini... well worded

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hmmm ...
    well i can think of better Time Pass (TP) which yields better and quicker cash ...

and naah u don't need to be a beachbum for that ...

10. $cReWdR!veR

@slayer...yah... what...

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

no ...
    u dont/wont wanna know "$cReWdR!veR" ...
    :))

12. ats

ats Oldie

well is there a job that does not screw u?? i would love to do that job ... my current job sucks :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .........

@vini .. well said ... but u know .... if you consider the unemployment condition in our country ... its a boon to many degree holders who do not have enough to feed themselves, forget about families. It is the sunrise industry in this country .. it is the industry due to which the other countries have sat up and started noticing India ... it has a big potential and can be said to be one of the reasons that indians (read techies) are now starting to get respect all over the world ......

Cheers :cool:

Ats

13. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

oooops ATS ...

get your facts right ...
    BPO is in no way related to the TEch industry ...

wake up man: Tech industry (IT specific) has been there since 1995 ...

BPO ???
    2nd thing ... BPO employing graduates is sheer waste of nation's time and resources ...
    they dont actually require a degree holder there .. u think the job demands that?

but yeah it is like: something is better than nothing ... so mebbe instead of remaining unemplyed it is better to be under employed ...

b.t.w. India's IT prowess was shown to the world during the Y2K paranoia ...

14. ats

ats Oldie

did I mention "Technical Industry" ?? you must be getting the impression from the word "techie" i used ... well dude ... in bangalore .. u call ppl who work in software/BPO's as techies ... anyways .... you think doing a BPO job does not require any skill?? and you think it is a waste of graduation ..... lemme tell u one thing that one of my profs in college told me .... in graduation u do not learn .... u learn what to learn ....very few people actually do jobs that require knowledge directly out of graduation .... do you call the ppl in software "waste of nations time and resources" ???? .....

they have a different skill set ... one that is not easy to master ..one that no college will spoonfeed u ... but do not think low of them as they do not know a few mathematical equations .....

no profession is good or bad ... every one of them has its ups and downs ... do not be so arrogant as to call some profession "worthless" just because its not technical.

i do not know why in india still .. one's profession is the key to one's social status ... its ridiculous ....reminds me of 16th century class distinctions .....

the y2k was a damp squib ... nothing happened ... and the IT prowess of India is now being showed with companies like Infosys and Wipro capturing world markets ....

and if you must know ... the term IT not only does include "computers and internet" it also includes "BPO"'s

so the next time when your credit card is stolen .... remember the guy/girl sitting on the other side of the phone line helping you out ...... THAT MY FRIEND IS IT REVOLUTION!!! .. so instead of being cynical and hypocritic about it ... lets be more open minded ...

Cheers

Ats

Disclaimer: I do not work in a BPO

15. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

okay man no need to go overboard like that ...

1. BPOs are not IT ... they are ITES ...

2. the skills that are required for Call centres call for skills that no college can give ... ok agreed ... then y is it that ppl who have graduated with masters going there .. .i'll tell ya y ... coz the comapnies want that ... what i meant was ... for this u can aswell allow ppl after their 12th directly into (ok mebbe till 18) ... y ask for a graduate ... wen u yourself said that the skills required cannot be "learnt" at college ???

3. No arrogancy ... in fact i can say that i have somewhat similar thinking as u have ... i said that "BPO employing graduates is sheer waste of nation's time and resources" ...
    what does that say ... does it mean that i find BPOs "worthless"? ... nope .. that means that the attitude of the ppl recruiting in BPOs is wrong + attitude of the nation that everyone need to become a graduate ... that is what is wasteful to the nation ... gues u took me in a wrong vein ...

4. I am also strongly against the "one's profession is the key to one's social status" ...

5. Y2K was a damp squib agreed ... but the max benfit (outta the damp squib fear) was reaped by Indian IT cos who earned cool bucks and reputation ... while the ppl abroad fretted around ...

6. Cheers was a good thing ... i thot u had become as hot as a red smouldering piece of coal ...

7. Disclaimer was not required ...

16. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

IT sucks. BPO is good if you get a job in your domain. Call centre kills your biological clock. I wouldn't say NO for Call Centre / BPO. It mainly depends on your background education. I know some lazy Engineering grads who just took up an easy job in Call Centre. It's a suicide. Where as I know some people who dropped out from School or did B.A in Literature but dont want to pursue further studies. For those Call Centre was the best option. Nothing else would pay them a 5 digit salary to begin with. So these things majorly depend on background education and also the skill set that you have acquired. IT sucks.

17. ats

ats Oldie

chill dude ... i was not at all "hot and red smouldering" .... just trying to put across a view ... btw .. that "cheers" is a habit of mine ... not to do anything with what I say .... and the disclaimer was given so that this discussion does not go in another direction ..... i hope u get what i mean ..

cheers (again :D )

Ats

18. ats

ats Oldie

i smell jealousy here ......

dude ... what one earns depends entirely on one's calibure .. not the major he has done ......

19. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@ATS, what am I jealous of ? I just posted the pros and cons of Call centres. I dont see reasons to be jealous of anything here. I started my first job with a big company with a lot of money and I work in a one of best companies in the world drawing a large sum. Why should be jealous of some call centre employees.

I am in IT and I regret every minute being in this industry and that's why I say IT sucks.

20. ats

ats Oldie

well everyone hates their job ... the grass is always greener on the other side ...

anyway .. chill .... no offence meant and no harm done....

cheers

Ats