Boys Marrying at 18??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by BubblyMartini, Dec 6, 2005.

1. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1319590.cms

NEW DELHI: The government is considering a controversial proposal to introduce a "common age" of 18 years for both men and women to be legally eligible for marriage.

This would imply lowering the legal marriageable age for men from 21 to 18. The Centre's plan comes close on the heels of a Delhi High Court judgment which said that a 16-year-old girl had attained the 'age of consent' for marriage.

The HC order had held that a marriage, where the girl was over 15, could be considered valid if she were seen to have consented to the union.

In response to a Rajya Sabha question — by Congress MP from Goa, Shantaram Naik — whether the government proposed to amend existing laws to do away with "discrepancies in law for girls getting married", the law ministry said.

Minister of state for law and justice K Venkatapathy stated that the government was considering a common marriage age for men and women.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Comments
    :)

2. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Dammit!! Looking at da population of India .. Da following proposal is a necessity... "There should be no Age limit for marriage .. but honeymoon shal be made only after da age of 40"
    Yes u read it right .. honeymoon illegal before 40 years of age .. imagine such an act!! considering da population :p:

3. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

this is the best step govt. of india has ever.taken :)

lal chunariya waali koi ghar mere bhi laao..mere shaadi karvaaoo... ;)

4. Ankur_Scorpio

Ankur_Scorpio New Member

lol...ansh kya baat hai itni jaldi??

looking at such high population growth... i dont understand wht's the argument by govt here....
    do they mean....if driving licence can be issued at 18 then...y not issue riding licence ..

...no point wasting govt resources on things... that are not gonna help solve population crisis...

this will only fuel the divorce rate....and exploitation of women!...ask this govt at 18 which guy in the world is good enough to take care of himself....forget abt his wife!

and this rule especially applies to our indian society..where guys....r dependent on parents till 25-26!!

5. anshphenomenon

lmao!!!!
    :RollLol:

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

the govt has gone crazy....18 saal mein marriage....

saale ask them to reduce the legal drinking age first...

7. anshphenomenon

^^peenee waloon ko peenee ka bahana chahiye..:)

8. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Khoob Peeyenge Hum

Tharra ho ya rum :p:

:grin:

:beer:

:beerbob:

:drunk:

9. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

oops i missed the at in the title.. while reading so was surprised..

Boys marrying 18... :shock:

10. shak

shak Harrr!

boys marrying at 18? . that means girls would be marrying as soon as 15 or 14 .. and ofcourse getting pregnant "as soon as possible.. forget 9 months i'll do that in 3, with my special potion" .. (<thats how a couple getting married at 18/14 will think .. why? cuz they were so eager to get married .. why not be eager at getting over with the whole damn point of all this nonsense) .. and thats not safe .. especially for the girl .. i guess i read some article way long back .. about girls falling pregnant before 18/19 and its complexity ..

11. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i was married at 18 with a 21 year old babe. :D

now we are happily divorced.