Bought AX3000g

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by LEFTY_GUITARIST, Jan 15, 2006.

1. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

I heard his wife was a super model you know. She still could do it again

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Now you know where the money comes from :beer:

I am sure she could do it, otherwise Vai wouldn;t have married her :think: :beer: .

3. sridhar11_2

Very gentleman like analysis :beer: :p:

4. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

i guess am a lil late.....thanx heaps ronnie and alpha for the info....

i play GnR with the following settings:
    use
    brit stack
    gain 6-7 for rythm....8-9 for lead
    treble 8.3 mid 7.3 bass 7.7(tweak them to ur liking)

cabinet:i use vintage 4X12...

can use stereo chorus sometimes time:3 speed:.26 depth:5.7

add delay of 300-400ms using room hall etc

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmm

Rust, try Fat with gain =3. Mids n treble high, Bass low.
    you will get the Izzy's overdriven sound. If you are on single coil, it will amazingly close to what comes as intro for "Pretty Tied Up (The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence)" track.

6. ronnieanand

I am a Gentle Man indeed. Thanks. That's not a gentle boy of you for offering Beer at 16.

7. sridhar11_2

Beer :shock: ..... I thought that was apple juice (classified)

8. ronnieanand

:NoNo: :NoNo: . Didn't you think it was Milk. Bad Boy. I will tell your Mom about it. :think:

9. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Anand Im not to sure but I have heard seen some articles on the net some time back that Zakk even used the MXR 104 + has a booster pedal combined with Boss DS -1 or DS -2 now I have personelly tried this one out at Home Guitar to the DS 2 driven in turbo mode to a the MXR with a low dist setting a very high level out to the Parametric EQ of Korg which I bought from u into a Marshall 15 CDR well I use te DS 2 for rythm turn MXR on to bosst the signal and the eq with just little gain +1 to add during the solos .. With this 3 pedals and then adding the rest of the pedals I can get almost any tone expect may be the Kirk Hammet tone in the black Album .. Infact the Zakk Signature series pedal is almost modifed MXR 104 + the Zakk signature series pedal is one biggest marketing gimics ....

10. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

man i don't have any damn pedal.i was suppose to get a G2 from zoom,and some how it dropped all of asudden.

11. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

@RUST , THNX .:grin:

i reduced da noice reduction:p: as low as i could,( ill try to ignore tht lil buzzy sound:eek::), so i can now get nice sutains 2.

jus made one beautiful zakk patch by mynself. used lil auto wah 2.:grin:nied worm sustains:grin:

12. ronnieanand

Cool. That Parametric EQ can get you any tone on earth. Right from Thick Vintage tone to the thin sharp modern tone. MXR was a killer too after the mod. I was only disappointed with Morley Bad Horsie as it didn't have that vintage sweep I was looking for. It's more a Modern Wah and Voodoo Chile was a strict no no with that.
    Dude you should hear the BD2 after the Keeley Mod. It's an amazing pedal. Luckily I managed to get away without selling that.

13. Demon_nomeD

Demon_nomeD New Member

ya, i am curious too, where did you buy it from,i live in kolkata aswell,got a korg1500g for that price 2yrs back,now you got the 3000 :) how does it compare to teh gt 6 or 8??

14. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

@lefty...pm me ur mail id

15. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

demon, yah tht is da original price of ax1500g. original price of 3000g is some 22,500 in braganza.

btw, try to go to fancy market.:grin:

@rust, added ur id in mah messenger list.

jus add ' ANI_ ' b4 ma igt id and u get ma messenger id.(yahoo)

and can ny1 gimmi creed and linkin park and green day patches??

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Make em yourself:

Creed had Tremonti, who uses Mesa/Boogie Rectifier.

US Hi Gain: 8
    Lo: 8
    Mid: 2
    High: 5

Linking park also uses Mesa/Boogie Rectifier
    US Hi Gain: 8
    Lo: 7-8
    Mid: 4
    High: 7-8

They dont use wah or other FX.
    Put some chorus on the MODS (Optional)
    Delay~300-350ms (For solos)

17. ronnieanand

Dude, you wont get anybody's sound in your AX3000G. You wont even get my sound leave alone the big guys. Just make your own and play everything through that. :annoyed:

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Let him grow out of it.

Surely he will be amused later (that is if he grows up) about "getting a Creed's tone" etc.

If I get a chance to lay my hand on their gear, most likely I would make my own tone/sound/yada yada.

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Doesnt the Linkin Park dude uses a PRS??

saala langoor ke mooh mein angoor :phbbt:

20. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Yes. So does Tremonti. But what's the funda behind this comment?