Bought a new oscar schmidt guitar, need advice

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by raviknt, Sep 22, 2009.

1. raviknt

raviknt New Member

Hi there, I have just bought a new Oscar Schmidt by Washburn OG2B (Black) guitar for Rs.7,000/- 4 days back. I was supposed to buy Yamaha F310, but the dealer didn't had one, so he referred me this one. Since I am a novice and only know 7 or 8 chords, I don't know how a good guitar really sounds. I had Givson Standard F-cut guitar before this and I think my new guitar sounds a lot better than my previous one. Please advice if I had bought a good guitar and how it is compared to Yamaha F310 . Thx

2. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

a good looking entry level guitar from the washburn's.....good features 2.....but lookin at the low price of just 7k i doubt its authencity as even the company's website has quoted a price of 225dollars!!.....sure its new?.india is famous for doublin the conversion rate but you seem to have got it cheaper!!......anyway congrats on your new guitar......................

3. distorted

distorted satan

How will the advice help now? You have already bought it ryt? Any chance of getting it exchanged?
    Learn to live wid it man...

4. raviknt

raviknt New Member

Well I got cheap 'cos I knew the dealer (Bhatia Musicals, Khanna Market, New Delhi) 'n he is an authorised dealer of Yamaha Guitars (check out on yamaha india website). It's a brand new guitar as he got the packed one opened in front of me and it was shining like a star. It sounds good though.

I just wanted to know how it is, compared to Yamaha F310.

5. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

that price i bet no way unless he smuggled em to india!!....anyway all the best!!........anyway about the comparison wats it gonna matter to you now?.as uve already bought the washburn?!!.....by all means the yamaha is a greater option.......no doubt on that......

6. flood

flood New Member

$229 is the RRP... the actual prices seem to swing wildly between $80 and $200. still, the duties were most deinitely not paid for... i've never seen or played one though.

anything is better than a givson.

i wouldn't worry too much about how it compares because at that price range, most manufacturing is outsourced to china anyway. you might not be holding a top-notch guitar, but they're doing a much better job than they used to (my pluto is pretty damn good for it's price). however, there really isn't too much variation in terms of quality and sound in that segment. amaha does have a rock-solid reputation even with it's lower end products though.

7. raviknt

raviknt New Member

well yes my guitar is made in china, and may be that's why it cost less...

8. nandac

nandac New Member

washburn is a good company for quality budget guitars. and i know a good guitarist in the usa who bought one and thought highly of it. maybe after a while swap the pickups/electronics.

and it is not necessary that a $225 guitar should not sell for rs 7000. if it is shipped here directly from china it will cost much less for the manufacturer and washburn could be looking to enter the indian market and so offer a good price.

9. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

My Washburn WI64D cost $249 and it outperforms almost all other guitars in its price range. People should just admit when they haven't heard of a brand in India.

10. distorted

distorted satan

lol..........