Bought a Comet acoustic / electric in india

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by preezer369, Jul 30, 2004.

1. preezer369

preezer369 New Member

has anybody heard of the brand comet? i bought a Comet acoustic/electric in india...(the guy at the store said it was made in china)...and now im not to sure that i shud have...its an acoustic that can be plugged into an amp...and compared to the yamaha that i have it doesnt sound as great...i payed abt rs. 6500 for it...can someone tell me if i was totally ripped off?

thanks

~priya~

2. tejas

tejas ..........

I actually have heard of this company. But i've only used their Plectrums. I dont know how good their guitars are. If it costs 6500/-, then it ought to be good. If you feel it isn't that good, then try your luck at returning it to the shop where you bought it. Thats all i can tell you.

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Priya, where have you been, its been so long since you logged in?

This is the wrong forum, moving it to geartalk.

Never heard of this company, you should ask Jay about this.

4. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

is it an electric-acoustic guitar or an acoustic guitar with in-built electronics?
    bothways, i think its pretty cheap for the thing...if it sounds gud.
    haven't heard the name..comet? coronet mayb it is? (thats a model from epiphone)
    jay may help u.

5. dhim

dhim New Member

I have not heard of it.

Regards,

DHiM

6. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Comet.. The Made is Singapore brand.. Makes amazing Cheap guitars.. Wood comes directly for Kerala where they have a place to grow wood for this PURPOSE ONLY.. The only anti deforestation Company.. Also known for not wasting even one small chip of wood. If you bought the guitar with three singla coil pickups, its a nice one.. Anything less than that is entry level. Startting prices are around 6000. You didnt get TOTALLY RIPPED OFF.. If you bought the acoustic, You probably made a mistake cause Signatures and Hobners are way better.. Please tell me if the logo has a COMET written on it with a strip which looks like Saturn Ring?? As Tejas said your best bet is to return it..

7. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills & Far Away

my guess is priya got that guitar from bhatia musicals... they're the guys i've seen who keep that brand, and in plenty.

i did see it once at their shop, and it sounded pretty good to me... but then i've never laid my hands on a yamaha, so i can't really say!