Boss ME25 vs Korg AX3000G vs Line 6 Floor Pod Plus vs Vox Tonelab ST??? ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by tirtha2chester, Jul 29, 2011.

1. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

I currently own a Zoom G1XN and plann to do away with it soon coz its horrible....
    Effects such as Auto Wah, Cry Wah, Flanger are a must.... Good acoustic modelling is also needed.... I don't play much live gigs but extra footswitches are always welcome....
    Distortion and Overdrive shouldn't sound dirty and noisy (as in zoom processors) but clear and distinct..... A close to recording quality sound is expected...
    Lastly, I play all sorts of rock and metal subgenres so which one among the above processors would be the best for me as per your opinion??

2. deepsal

deepsal New Member

pod hd series

3. tirtha2chester

deepsal, i can't afford anything above Rs 15000

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

There are plenty of used POD XT/X3 available in the market.. Look out for them.. Will do the job perfectly.... In ur budget you can easily get a XT live..

5. tirtha2chester

@rikkkyrich- man you crazy or what.... A pod X3 and XT Lives both cost above 23k.... I want something below 15k.....

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I aint no crazy... XT surely fits the bill... And i said "Used"

7. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I would go for the Boss ME-25 (effects are really decent, however not really a fan of their preamp (amplifier voicing), i purchased one a few months back and I am happy with it, can record directly to the PC through USB, however not a good choice if you play live as one has to preset the tones they are looking for and effects cannot be switched on/off on the fly, Tonelab ST is also a decent one, but i didnt go for one, No idea about the other 2 Multi Effects Pedals. I would rather go for a decent reverb pedal and a Distortion pedal and that should be well under 15k and will make a decent rig.