<Boss GT6 v/s Digitech GNX3>

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rust_in_pain, Jul 3, 2005.

1. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

Hi,

Both these processors are available for 300$ at zzounds.com.Now i am about to order one from the US. So what are your experiences with these?

As far as i heard the gnx works only with 110v which means i need a stabilizer for it which could trouble me every now and then due to voltage fluctuations.Is that true?

Which one has better sound quality?Actually i had a chance to play on GT-6 and found it amazing,but then i would even found a zoom505 amazing as i am new to them.

Waiting for your replies.

2. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

for gnx3 - ask blackmamba - he has a gnx4 if im not wrong - ttheyre supossed to be really good. i think the gt-6 is also quite good - id recommend either one - i dont know specifically which has which features - but somethings to look for:

1. in line compressor (as in u should be ale to apply a compresor to any patch without ahving to remove anything else)/
    2. senstive expression pedal - i dont know how sensitive each is
    3. ease of use - i think both are fairly complicated in use-ask some1 who has dem

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Take some time and read ALL the reviews on harmony-central for both, you will often find the small problems and stuff mentioned in one of the user reviews..its painful reading all that stuff but you could get useful info there...and ofcourse nothing beats actual feedback from a user,so as deathdr said contact blackmamba....

4. rust_in_pain

all:what is FACTORY RESEALED?

i ve been reading some reviews according to them boss is the winner but i am tempted for gnx3 as it has 8 track recorder,drum machine and all that facilities.....

5. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

factory resealed means that the piece is not second hand but the packaging was defective and it is not in its original packaging - as in its been resealed.. sometimes this happens bcoz the packaging was misprinted or some crappy error like that or somestimes its coz they suspect that the piece is faulty...

6. rust_in_pain

should i go ahead with FACTORY RESEALED and BLEMISHED items?

7. rust_in_pain

guys???????????

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Blemished means there's a Paint chip off or scratch or some small crack but the unit is in perfect working condition. You can get super deals on these items. I suggest you go for a Factory Repackaged ones or even better just for a fresh one. Dont go in for Blemished. You could rather buy it second handed at a much cheaper price in eBay.

9. rust_in_pain

are the factory resealed ones guaranteed to work??

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Usually it's factory resealed when the original case has been damaged. Usually they check it thoroughly before they ship it to you. When you are buying from there I suggest you buy the brand new ones. A few dollars more will give you a lot of peace of mind. Factory resealed ones do carry all the same warranty from the manufacturer and also from the retailer.

11. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Factory resealed carry full manufacturers warranty - just like new ones. Same goes for blemished too. :)

12. rust_in_pain

Thanks.......

Any suggestions welcome....