Boolywood turning into Bachchanwood

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by KannadaBoi, Aug 26, 2004.

1. KannadaBoi

KannadaBoi Kannadiga

What the hell is going on. I see Amitabh Bachchan in every movie these days. Its becoming like a good luck thing now. [If Big B is in the movie=The movie will run well] I understand that he had some financial difficulty as he suffered a huge loss from his ABC company. But that doesnt mean he has to accept every role that comes his way. Every movie that I've seen for the past month, Big B was in it. He should stop monopolizing the film industry and give others a chance for a change. Senior actors like Tinu Anand, OM Puri, Amrish Puri, etc have just become side actors. Anyways what do you guys think of Big B turning Bollywood into Bachchanwood(meh.. it rhymes).

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Ever heard the Expressoin "Old Is Gold"??

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

The Bachhan baritone will never lose its charm

4. jayanth

I feel the same.. I watched Sholay on sunday.. It was really good.. Same as before obviously..

5. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i loved him in mohabatein & bhagban....

hema malani too was superb in bhagbhan.... ( she looks better then isha for sure )

and for sure , till today amitabh looks better than abhisek ...

6. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

He was in financial doldrums but now he is completely out of it..
    and yes ..make no mistake..he is not doing movies now just to clear his debts..
    These days..writers are writing tailor made roles for him...they are writing keeping him in mind as central character..so how can yo imagine the role to be performed by somebody else if it is written keeping him in mind...

and yes,,..in bollywood,there is no gurantee that Mr. X or Y's presence will do wonders to the film...There are films in recent past too which boomed at box office even after his presence...

:beer:

7. bob-bobby

ABCL didnt do well , the concept seemed to be a scam to me , ab was saved .....

8. Natasia

Natasia ...

i dunno......me still likes the old AB ...... the one from chupke chupke ...n sholay,,, n anand....(me simply adddddooooooorrreeeesss those movies...) i haven't seen baghban me hated its promos....n mohobatein was hilarious,,,,, me found the movie ssssssoooooooo DUMMMMB..... but me got the cd's of anand n kabhi kabhi (one of me all time fav movies....)..nope jay me's not propagating pirated vcd's n dvd's me got the genuine ones.... :p :p :p
    n yup me totallyyy digs his voice.. dunno whether any guy on or off screen could ever sound as ...welllllll......... :think: me's short of words..... but me thinks u ppl get the idea......:) :) :)

9. KannadaBoi

KannadaBoi Kannadiga

I dont mind him doing the serious roles that he's good at. The movie Deewar was a good movie for him. However, the movie Lakshya had no need for Amitabh's character. He was just there for like 3 scenes. Whats the point of that???

10. jayanth

AB is great the same AB as Sholay or Baghban or Mohabattein..

11. bob-bobby

me , i follow jay ...

what do u guys feel abt abhishek bachan ,..

i feel hes got a good persoanlity but seems to be in a wrong profession ....

12. KannadaBoi

KannadaBoi Kannadiga

Abishek bachchan is just not getting the right roles for him to play. He is suited for only one type of role. I liked his 'Bas Itna sa khwab hai'. Abishek is only waiting for a hit.

13. MARS

Liked him in YUVA...

He acted naturally...

and yes...he is not made for those stereotyped college going dude roles...
    Think he can perform some serious ones..needs a good script..and a good director..
    after all movies are a directors medium...

14. jayanth

Sucks..... Nothing else..

15. bob-bobby

he do sucks as an actor , surely not his line .....

16. MARS

hmmm...

He should go to Nigeria and do some marketing .... :p

17. jayanth

Rakht Trailer i saw and fainted.. Horrible..

18. bob-bobby

saw deewar ( new one ) this weekend , ab was juss superb ....

19. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeah he's rockin in deewar even mohabattein was good. . .. abhishek sucks in rakht. .. one love (ahhhhhhhhhh) god help me ..!!!

20. bob-bobby

havent seen rakht yet , as said ealier abhishek isnt an actor ...