bolo na by sona mahapatra

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by monika9, May 13, 2011.

1. monika9

monika9 New Member

2. Pravas

Pravas New Member

Good Singing...But playing is decent. Keep up

3. monika9

monika9 New Member

@pravas- thanx!!

4. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Monika - Did you play the guitars as well ??

It feels as though you are concentrating more to keep up with chords.

Was the guitar closer to the mike ? Sounds a little prominent.

You have very nice voice, but felt the song lacked feel. High pitch needs to be worked on.

A little more feel and improved coordination, you'll improve a lot more !

My 2 cents .. cheers..

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I agree with Super-Admin, a little bit more feel and it would be sounding much better.
    But it is done pretty well, just keep going!
    Take care!

6. monika9

monika9 New Member

@super-admin - thanx for d reply.. ya i played d guitar..i didnt use a mike. jus recorded it in my cell phone. thanx a lot for d suggestions , vil definitely work on them.

@keoref- thax!!

i thot i was bad at singing but now seeing d replies , i guess m not dat bad.. thanx every1. m really motivated.. cheers :)

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

good effort.. could have been better... Keep it up !

8. monika9

monika9 New Member

@rikkyrich- thanx!! :) vil keep on working for improvement..

9. Super-Admin

@monika - If it was just cell phone recording, I'll give you more points.

If you use some professional products, along with some good software, you'll definitely sound better.

Put up more songs for us to evaluate you better, try different genre.

How long have you been playing guitar for ??

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I think digital camera can do a much better job (in case you have one at home) for both audio and video..

11. Super-Admin

@Rickky - may be monika doesn't want to reveal herself :)

12. monika9

monika9 New Member

@super admin- i hav been playing guitar since last 3 years but d process of learning has been quite slow. initially my sir made me work on leads nly, indian classical ragas n all. started working on chords since last year nly but terrible problem wid strumming.hav tried to improve it a lot nd it is better than b4 but still needs lots of improvement. i learn basically on my own using internet( thanx to igt for being a major support).

@rickkkyrich- i wanted to make an audio nly but my cell does not allow to record audio for than 1 minute , so had to use d video option. hav a digicam . vil look for audio option in it . thanx

13. Super-Admin

@Monika - with regular practice you'll overcome all odds. I'm glad, IGT has been instrumental and a support system through your learning journey. I hope some day, you'll grow to a position where you can guide a lot more fresher IGTians .

Cheers,

14. Super-Admin

@Monika - with regular practice you'll overcome all odds. I'm glad, IGT has been instrumental and a support system through your learning journey. I hope some day, you'll grow to a position where you can guide a lot more fresher IGTians .

Cheers,

15. monika9

monika9 New Member

hi every1
    following ur advices , i hav been working on my strumming. recorded d song aadat by jal band 2day(again in cell phone nly). has d strumming improved? i know d original scale is C#m but i play it in G#m.

heres d link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEnq14NBSMI

16. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I don't want to dishearten you or something like that, but this is really bad.
    There are lots of people who thinks this is a simple song but it isn't!
    The vocals need a lot of improvement, as its done real bad!
    It begins with the HoooooHaaaaaHeeee before the solo and after the solo you are singing in other scale!
    Please don't get me wrong, this is not to offend you, not at all, cause your previous song is done pretty well!
    If you really want to sing this tough song, you really have to practise alot and i mean alot!!!

17. monika9

monika9 New Member

@keoraf- hey thanx for being frank. i asked for comments which does not mean compliments always.. so nothing to b offended as such..i hav learnt vocals as such , so dnt get d technicalities much. vil practice n try to improve.
    one more thing - is d strumming also bad?? actually m working quite a lot dese days to improve it but i guess thrs lot more to do :)

18. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Yes, why is your strumming so jerky? I think you should be moving your right hand continuously rather stopping and starting.

19. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Yes, the strumming isn't good too. As BJR said its a little jerky. But also try to stay in the rhytm.
    The switching between chords has to be done smoothly aswell.
    I think you have to practise alot to get it done.
    A tip, just record your guitarstrumming and record your vocals onto another track, to do such you will need a sequencer, like Adobe Audition or Audacity, these progs allow you to record different tracks. The last one is freeware. Recording both tracks separately has some advantages, it will improve both, the guitarstrumming as the vocals, if you understand what i try to say!
    Good luck!

20. monika9

monika9 New Member

@bjr and keoraf- thanx for d suggestions . i vil keep in mind n practice ..