Bollywood vs. Ad Jingles

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by eightytwo, Mar 30, 2008.

1. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

OK, let's face the truth... how many of you here think ad jingles come up with better music than Bollywood.

I know it's not fair to compare three verses with a full blown song but what I'm talking about is the music itself... what I hear in ads is far better than what comes out in movies. It's the same thing over and over again... no matter who it is... don't you think Bollywood should tried something a little different? There are exceptions on both sides. But the exceptions in movies is far lesser than the exceptions in ad jingles.

2. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

I guess its hard to pick and choose here.. cos (correct me if im wrong) not all the ads created for india..are made in india. I mean they meant for being publicized there, sure. But are they products of advertising agencies based in india?

And that note aside...bollywood (this argument came up in the "shocking...it is" thread too) is quite imprudent when it comes to borrowing music and tunes from other artists..look around (and its not just the songs-its the whole damn movie sometimes too :p)

So yea...bollywood definitely needs to come up with some of its own stuff...regardless of what the other kinds of entertainment agencies are doing.

But are the ads more inviting? Yes..i remember being hooked on a couple of tunes when i was down there a summer ago. :p
    Some of them are quite catchy. <3

3. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

of course they are advertsing agencies in India!

4. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

lol..no no..i know there are agencies in india. :insane:

I guess what i meant was, for products that arent local..like oh i dont know..nike and gatorade, or hp and cadillac..you know?
    Are those ads made by the companies (where ever they are) and then broadcast in india, or are they made in india for the indian people..by the indian people?

5. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

Yup! By desis for desis... a nokia jingle in hindi, it was stuck in my bloody head for days, a para****e jingle in hindi, a jingle for Reliance colour phones...

6. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

lol! it blocked the c_h_u_t from para****e... I meant the cocnut hair oil, you dumb AI program, the bloody hair oil!!!

7. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

wow. Guess that makes sense. You gotta do what appeals to the masses. We wouldnt dream of a hindi jingle here for a ... well whatever india advertises here :p Speaking of which, but some people manage to get the desi satellite here, and well knock themselves out with hindi soaps and ads..its rather sad actually. lol.

but yea, god you know which "song" i hate..like absolutely abhore?

ujala wash

*ahem*..aya naya ujala...blah blah..and so forth. *shudder*
    whoever came up with that needs to die.

8. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

lol!

The screw-up is that the masses like the same old pataka song with an item showing more clevage than in the previous shot. or probably more thigh than the chick next to her. And they always will. But that doesn't mean they(bollywood) stop trying, does it?

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I loved the Nescafe jingle. Pa para pa pa ra ra

10. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Happydent has a rather unusual one but absolutely cool.

Mera dil roshan mera maan roshan mer.....

11. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

@ eightytwo: yea its the miserable truth. The mass obviously loves it. Now that i think about it, there are so many ads that i would watch and groan..like there were some masala ads..and "hungry kya"..and dude, seriously...i cant see how this stuff appeals to people. :think: but hell if it works and keeps them hungry for more products..then so be it.

but often times ive wished if they had more intelligent and more humorous ads..i dont know if its just me..but they seem so immature. :S

@bjr: i actually hummed that tune out loud..matches to the tee <3

12. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

Two recent ads that get my goat are for some news channel where the only thing they say in the ad is 'blah' Ooh! if only my TV wasn't HD Ready, i'd have smashed it and the other is the one for Idea Rocks India with Shaan humming or singing or attempting to hum or sing.... the bugger is soooooo off tune... Augh!

13. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

:shock:
    i think im actually beginning to miss my india. I need to get back out there again!
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -or ill just bum around on youtube <3

14. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

15. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

<3
    I havent really had the opportunity to travel by trains..planes were always more convenient and time savers..but yea ive been on a couple..this past winter.. it was a blast.

Ive always wanted to create a short video on fast-life. Be it on a train, or on the streets and or traffic.. with music that meshed well.
    Its one of my smaller dreams..perhaps when i come to india next time. :p

And i liked that video. Its a shame.. i dont have my phones, and im in public so i couldnt hear the background music (if you had any :p) but I liked the views and shots you took. The transitions between video and stills.. really cute. is that you we see in the corner in the beginning? :)

16. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

nah! that's a pal of mine whom i pushed out of the window seat to get back to taking photos.

Glad you liked it. I even won an award for cinematography for this at a local film festival.

You should really travel by trains more. It's an awesome experience.

17. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

oh but i do. i travel on the local metras and subs here every god damn day to and from college. but thats here in the city. its a completely different experience down there in india.

18. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

btw, congratulations on the win. Thats really something :)

19. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

thx.

don't compare the train travel here with there.

20. Petunia

Petunia terminally dorky

ha. wasnt planning on.. just kind of brought it up. :)