Bollywood ke Karnaame: Copied movies and songs

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by DesiPride143, Oct 31, 2004.

1. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

okay, i thought i start this topic cause it really bother me when someone copies someone elses work. well don't u agree that bollywood is a big copycat when it comes to good storylines and songs. for instance

1. pyar to hona hi tha - is a copy of an american movie can't recall the name but i remember the actress name is meg ryan.
    2. also the song of pyar to hona hi tha - "jab kisi ki taraf dil chukane lage"- is copy of "when u love a women" by Bryan adams.
    3. how about dhoom - is copy of "Torque"
    4. and heritik roshan's movei in which he finds an alien i believe the movie was jaadu but not sure well that movie is copy of E.T.
    5. Mohabatein - is a copy of a an american movie also, don't know the name though
    6. what about "Kaante" - is a copy.
    7. "murder" - is copy of "unfaithful"
    8. The song kaho na kaho from murder is a copy of an arabic song called "tamalim maak" by amr diab.
    9. the scene in sarfrosh where the terrorist take over some building and aamir khan has to save them copy of Die hard.
    10. awara paagal deewana- copy of "the whole nine yards"
    11. and don't even get me satarted on the matrix

well can't think of any others right now......but if i do i'll post them again

2. dunwt remember the name of the movie but i remember it woz a govinda and rani mukhjerjee starrer and its a copy of sum tamil movie every scene, every song is copied and so is the story

3. 1.the movies FRENCH KISS

4. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

okay i got few more

1. mujhse shaadi karoge - anger management/meet the parents/matrix
    a little comment on this movie. when salmaan leaves mumbai he tells his grandma that he is got a lifeguard job in goa but when he goes there he is like a hotel manager or something, he gets a office, a motorcycle, and right to change the duties of the security guards. i mean cmon. okay i would know this job better, cause i m a lifeguard myself and i know i don't get all these rights. again bollywood trying to make good movies. haha, i just thought i share it.

2. hawas - copy of unfaithful

3. the song "yaadein yaad aati hai" -yaadein - it sounds so similar to the one sung my vital signs song "yaadein"
    4. sawali saloni - indian song- i think the movie's casting was by sunil shetty - copy of vital signs sanwali saloni
    5. woh kaun thi - by jo. jo. - copy of vital signs "woh kaun thi"

ring a bell

5. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

the godfather theme has also been copied by some hindi song...dunno the name..
    cn't think of nething else..been listeining to the theme for a 100th time today, the guns n' roses one..

6. kaiser

kaiser Bored

kaante copied from reservoir dogs n a bit of usual suspects.
    i must say it was the shittiest copy ever.

btw, if u aint seen usual suspects, do so. its got the most awesomest storyline u can ever expect. true genius!!

n resrvoir d aint so bad. quentins best so far, according to me. i dint like pulp fiction toomuch. talking bt quentin tarantino, yuva is a copy too. not the story but the storytelling style.......

7. skaw

skaw snooze

GUYS .. ATLEAST THEY MAKE THE MOVIE IN HINDI N NOT IN ENGLISH :p

but i gota admit it ... a lot of copying is going on ... n its gay ...

dhoom isn't a copy of torque...

8. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

have u seen torque? the concept is the same.

9. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Originality is no longer the fashion in Bollywood. Unless its a copy or plagiarised material, Directors don't feel confident to back their crew.

10. kaiser

kaiser Bored

there are few original ppl...........

rgv
    rituparno gosh
    kalpana lajmi
    shyam bengal
    rahul bose
    ashutosh gowarikar

n some more cant recall now....they however, are miserable failures, commercially. thats sad really.

11. hi_kiran

hi_kiran New Member

12. smadda

smadda New Member

qayamat movie is a full copy of english film "the ROck"

13. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

^^^oh yea, good one...The rock is one of my favs..:)

14. ananya

ananya New Member

mere yaar ki shadhi - my best friends wedding

15. guls

guls New Member

aitraaz copy of disclosure!

16. ananya

ananya New Member

Paisa Vasool (manisha koirala and sushmita sen)-High heels low lives

17. aleric

aleric New Member

Akele Hum Akele Tum => Copy of "Kramer Vs Kramer"
    Josh => Copy of "West Side Story"
    Gulam => Copy of "On the waterfront"

Josh was horrible, I almost cried after watching the movie. On the other hand "West Side Story" is a timeless classic.

18. madhura

madhura pani poori yum yum ....

love story = mallika sherawat's khwaish .....
    an affair = an affair to remember = aamir khan's mann .....

19. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

any1 seen ' A walk in the clouds ' ? Keanu Reeves starred in that movie .. best romantic movie i've evr seen.. nywayz..

if u hav seen the govinda-urmilla movie... Kunwara.. its got a lot of stuff frm the English 1. really sad.. although the movie was kinda fun..

20. sdownunder

sdownunder New Member

'Hum Kaun Hai' is a Baaad copy of 'The Others' ....
    'Manoranjan ' starring Sanjeev Kumar was 'Inspired' by 'Irma la douce'