Bobby (EDGE) Custom Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by laneymaney, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I played a couple of the guitars he had.... One of them he claimed was his best work, and the one that he keeps for his personal use. I was very disappointed with it. The neck felt like one of those cheapo guitars u get for 6-9K. Even the Ibanez GIO's are better. The so called active pups he uses were also very average.

I had carried my Tulsi when I went there, and HE agreed that it was better than what he makes...

The only issues he had, were that (according to him) the neck on mine would warp in a few months time. I hope that doesnt happen, because I LOVE the neck. It is perfect for me. I have slighlty big hands, and my hands ache after playing most guitars. The Tulsi on the other hand, never gives me that problem. It is also extremely fast.

Please dont misunderstand what I've posted. This is my personal view. I'm not saying Tulsi is the best. There are issues with his guitarrs, especially with his pups, pots and the trems. However, Bobby's necks do not (IMO) come anywhere close to Tulsi's.

2. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Couldnt have simplified it better then DC..........yes tulsis wiring can also be messy but the neck is like heaven !!

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Tulsi necks are stable....Doesn't warp.....If you treat your guitar like shi.t even a neck made of wrought iron will get screwed.....My guitar has crossed 2 years. No issues at all.....I recently got it refretted 'cos my frets had all got worn out due to heavy useage.....

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Well any wood will warp if subjected to drastic humidity and temperature changes, not to mention tension.

The Beast's neck warped when my brother brought it back from England. Surprisingly nothing had happened for a year (when he brought it to England).

5. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Hope ur right.... BTW, any advice on maintaining the feel of the neck?

I wipe it everyday with a dry cloth, but thats pretty much it.

6. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

No guitar neck will be in the same action all the time. Anytime, the action slightly increases, fix it immediately. This way, the neck is always kept right. Nothing will wrong. I dont even wipe my guitar once is 4 months...So dont bother...But maintain your neck in constant action...

7. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Lol!! Ok... I keep my gear nice and clean... Especially with the kind of dust in B'lore!!! Fixing the action is not easy for me... Tulsi has used some weird size screws (different sizes on some strings) on the bridge.... makes fixing the action a pain... I got bobby to set it up when I went there though :)

8. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Analyse the choice of words.