Blues and Jazz!

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ssslayer, Sep 8, 2005.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

lynyrd skynyrd -i need you, freebird, red white and blue, :nw: :nw:
    bb,king - lucille :nw: :nw:
    john coltrane - *all* :nw: :nw:
    list goes one

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

:nw: Hail Lynyrd Skynyrd :nw:

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Lucille is awesome - the way he tells the story is brilliant and when he makes Lucille sing man thats BLUES

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

so sridhar now do u know what is CoM?

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Visiting this thread late. Was too busy at work :mad:

I am now listening to Greatful Dead - Live at Fillmore. Jerry Garcia :nw: jamming for nearly 20 minutes and still going on. What a phenomenal guitarist. I am crazy about Jam Bands.

Check out Jimmy Page, Hendrix, SRV, Clapton, Tony Iommi for a real stylistic Blues Rock. Yes Tony Iommi. His style is not any different from Blues although they are heavier.

Check out Lazy - Deep Purple. Blackmore rips with one of his most memorable solos. Not a usual Blackmore but a great one.

6. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

any one out here forgot
    gary moore.

im a huge gary moore fan.
    ill try and record a one track blues guitar clip tomm.
    all clean with the new squier showmaster.

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

and what about
    STEVE MORSE???

8. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

ok..
    more players i love.
    scott henderson , eric johnson , frank gambale..
    all these guys are awesome blues-jazz players.well..i havent heard frank gambale play some real blues but eh..nevertheless the guys got insane chops.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Did I not tell you you have a Gary moorish tone from the one clip I heard of yours...ah yes, I remember...my internet crapped out on me.

Yeah, Id written in a PM that the song had such awesome Gary Moore potential but you sorta ruined it at one particular place....Now I'm forgetting where but I did think that you have a Gary Moore tinge to your playing.

To add just a single name to the list (I'm stingy that way) get hold of Alvin Lee playing with Ten Years After. They have a song called The Bluest Blues and that song reeks of awesomeness.

To a jazz list, I'd say you should initiate yourself with non-instrumental(well..you know what I mean) jazz....maybe singers like Diana Krall.

10. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

@bjr..u never sent me a pm..tellin me ur opinions abt the clips..
    man..ur compliment just humbled me..man..
    gary moore..the man makes the guitar wail..like no other person..
    u should check out his jam with bb.king..thats simply world class.
    the songs name is THE THRILL IS GONE...later in the song..bb and gary go into a jugal bundi kind of thing..maaaaaaaannn..it was great...they are playin a small pub or something..
    u might get it off limewire.
    awesome stuff.
    damn..i should start playin my les paul copy more often now..heheh..

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

okie dharam praaji ...
    now we all wanna to listen to your stuff dude ...

12. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ dont get too excited...i suck ass.

13. shak

shak Harrr!

@sridhar! ...yes ..adn when he makes it cry .... the guitar really does cry...truely awesome
    @dharma: you suck as s ..right no wonder sh!t comes outta yur mouth when ever you speak ... hmm

14. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

let me decide taht ...

15. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

@shahrukh- i suck ur m*ms ass...

damn that was a little too much..eh.

i hate all these mom dad insults.

i just hope no one ever uses them.
    yes.
    i seriously do.

16. shak

shak Harrr!

now say anything to me fine ... dont go to ma mom you d ickless prick ..
    NEVA bring parents IN you hear me?
    i didnt expect u to be such a pathetic loser .. i hate these people who being in parents for no reason ..why you too scared to say something to me? ..
    damn dharmatma ..you jsut lost repsect mate .. you are no longer dharma jee..just another slug wriggling in your narrow existance....sorry if i am harsh .. but i am hurt man ... didnt expect this from ya

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

What I really think you should work on is the power of your bends....they're not as weak as mine but as far as I can remember, you should work on them. You'll notice that Gary gets so much power into his bends....enviable really. And the sustain thing on "Perestienne(?) Walkways"...haha, It kept me waiting for so long in anticipation that I almost wet my pants.

I've heard B.B.Kings The Thrill is Gone and it's one of my favourites of his but I haven't heard his jam with Gary Moore. I'll try and get hold of it. You know what is really scary though....I have a Les Paul copy too :|

18. shak

shak Harrr!

^listen to lucille by bb .. its a master piece

19. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

@shahrukh---i didnt insult ur mom or anythin...i said i hate those mom dad insults as much as u do..guess..u took it the wrong way..
    uh..what respect u talkin abt man..
    more than half the ppl out here think im a prick..or whatever..heh,

@bjr--i have a comet les paul copy..which one do u have??
    is it a custom made?

20. shak

shak Harrr!

i guess i did ... read the first line and got pissed ..anyway .. if you say u didnt mean it ..fine ..i'll take yur word "dharma jee" (and yeah i know you are a prick ...just like me!! :) ) i call it a truce!