Blind Guardian - Harvest of Sorrow?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by esgallindeion, Jul 21, 2004.

1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Has anyone heard this song? I would rate it as one of the best ballads by BG. For all those who like it and those who hvnt heard it but would like to, here's a special treat...

https://www.curufin.com/music/bg/harvest/

someone i know from another forum compiled all the different versions of the song. It has english, spanish, italian, french and a combined versio... quite cool, all of them.

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Its quite Metal nice...

3. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

I like this song but for me it cant top
    Lord Of The Rings
    The Bards Song
    A Past And Future Secret

4. esgallindeion

Add to it The Maiden and the Minstrel Knight, The wizard, fiddler on the green and The Eldar, and you have some really great and uncomparable ballads by blind guardian.

But did u check out the different versions of harvest? there are some great pieces there... harvest of the world is my personal fav along with mies del dolor

5. jayanth

I downloaded all the versions.. Its really nice..

6. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

am downloading...:)

7. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

olrite, posting very late, i downloaded the original version i guess..loved it..
    tell me more abt blind gaurdian..plzz.

8. esgallindeion

Hmm...

Hansi, Andre, Thomen and Marcus from Krefeld, germany first started a band called Lucifer's Heritage and released one famous song (Lucifer's heritage).... they renamed themselves to Blind guardian after another middle rated single of theirs (Guardian of the Blind)... From the late 80s till now, BG has released 10 albums, including Live (a compilation of some of their live songs)... they are a favourite among european metalheads, often considered as one of the biggest european metal bands currently. their style is borders between melodic/heavy/power/progressive metal, and as they usually write lyrics based on famous fantasy books, they are often called by their closest fans as fantasy Metal or BG metal.

Their fame began with the release of Somewhere far Beyond which had songs like Bard's Song (the band's signature song), Somewhere Far Beyond and Ashes to Ashes.

Even more sucess awaited them with Imaginations From The Other Side, which has some of the most important metal songs such as Imaginations from the Other Side, Born in a Mourning Hall, Bright Eyes, The Script for My Requiem, ...And the Story Ends.

However, unarguably their best performance was in Nightfall in Middle earth which follows the theme of Tolkien's Silmarillion... the project itself was supposed to be a practical impossibility, but the band satisfied all critics and fans and gave them music which unarguably brings the book to life. Among these, Nightfall, Curse of Feanor, Mirror Mirror, thorn, Noldor, Into The Storm, Blood Tears and Time Stands Still are the best.

The band's live performances are always associated with a huge fan base always shouting and singing the song with the band.

9. jayanth

Hmm.. Informative.

10. very informative!