Bill Gates Gets It!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Jul 13, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Bill Gates's legendary luck failed him during his keynote presentation at the 2005 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

His demonstration of Microsoft Media Center crashed during the presentation on integrating digital photography, and later a Microsoft product manager failed to access the internet with a Tablet PC.

A new game, Forza Motor Sport, also triggered the dreaded Windows blue screen of death.

The presentation started on a jokey theme, with late-night TV host Conan O'Brien presenting a mock version of his own show and a video diary of his and Bill's 'lost weekend' in Las Vegas.

"I got too drunk, I woke up with a hooker," O'Brien said. "Bill got too drunk, he woke up with an Apple computer."

O'Brien said that he was unable to criticise Microsoft because it had implanted a Pentium in his brain, and suggested that Gates should be played by Milhouse from The Simpsons.

But his banter was less welcome when things started to go wrong. "OK, and right now nine people are being fired," O'Brien said as they waited for a slide show to appear.

Gates traditionally has a reputation for being lucky at showing off software to its best effect.

A major slip occurred at a Windows 98 demo at Comdex in 1998 that went into blue screen mode, but Gates returned the next year to successfully show off the progress that had been made.

https://www.vnunet.com/news/1160317

2. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i have the video of this...ill upload it at rapidshare:) it is quiet hilarious:RollLol:

3. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Really? lol do it...

4. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

This is not the first time this has happened, way back in 97 (i guess)
    when he was presenting the Windows 98 on his Tablet suddenly his system crashed showing the blue screen of death

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

i officially hate rapidshare now
    ve been tryin to upload the vid for the past one hour.....ant happening.......tryin my luck again

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

7. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@doc the vid you uploaded is the Win 98 one which i was talking about.....
    The one in discussion here is Windows Media Center 2005

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

9. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

ooops .....but you mentioned this as well :think:

10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

and neo mentioned this too:p:

12. Intrinsic

Intrinsic New Member

will have to see this when I get home

13. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

hahahahahahah.a.....................(pure spammin:p:)

14. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

Man,.. I am interested in the second clip posted by doc,... anybody dwnloaded it? Its just too big,... if anyone has downloaded it, pls trim the bill gates walla part n upload it somewhere,...

15. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@doc i thought u were talking about the Media Center One...thats the main topic

The second link is a streaming video(i have a dial up).....
    can n e one post a smaller clip(just the section of the vid where it shows the chrash)

16. Khopdi

Khopdi New Member

Delete...........

17. Khopdi

Khopdi New Member

This webpage in the uae has been blocked by the isp server.... is there someway this can be uploaded someplace else....
    Thanks
    Cheers :beer:

18. Khopdi

Khopdi New Member

Since ur on dial up, try to forward urself to about 28 mins... thats the part where the computer crashes... might save u time and dial up should be able to show u atleast 2 mins (I suppose ur buffer space is good for atleast 2 mins)

Have fun :beer:

19. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

@khopdi.....thanx buddy ....one more thing does your id means the skull

20. Khopdi

Khopdi New Member

No problems at all... My pleasure...
    Yes, it means the Skull :p, it's the tapori lingo of Bombay... :)

Take care :beer: