Biggest tragedy with Rock World .....

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by apurbajd, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

ya its mentioned in this movie conair .. when the convicts are singing their song in a plane ...

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Lynyrd Skynyrd had rented out a small plane to perform at Louisiana University. Somewhere on the way, the plane ran out of fuel and then crashed on a swamp in Mississippi. I guess it happened in 1977, if I remember right the date is Oct20. The Lead Singer Ronnie Van Zandt, Cassie Gains and a road guy and a manager died. All the other members survived but one by one they also died due to other reasons. The only main member of the band to die was Ronnie. After a few failed attempts to continue, the band officially disbanded. The band was resurrected again by Ronnie's brother Johny Van Zandt. They made a few good albums and one of their best songs like Born To Run, Workin' came from the later Lynyrd Skynyrd.
    In the movie Con Air, when all those bad guys are drinking and dancing to the song Sweet Home Alabama, one crazy looking guys makes a comment that these guys are dancing to a song played by a band where all the guys died in an air crash.

Janis Joplin died in Oct 4th, 1970 due to Heroin Overdoes. On Oct 1st, she had written her last will. Did she know that she was dying in a few days.
    The night before Jim Morrison died, he was drinking in a bar, where he kept saying that he is the 3rd J. Nobody understood then. It meant that he is the third J about to die of Drug Overdose. The other two were Jimmy Hendrix and Janis Joplin :nw:

3. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yup , totally agree with u , PERFECT EXAMPLE : SLIPKNOT !! :mad:

is dat true dat becker's now in da HIMALAYA's , meditating 2 get rid of Lou Gehrig's Disease !!

biggest tragedies 4 me hmmm
    1. Death of DIMEBAG ! really crushed me !
    2. death of Stevie Ray Vaugh, i think his helicopter crashed into a mountain !!!
    3. Burton.... died bcause a screw came loose from their TRAILOR while on a tour in BELGIUM
    4. jimi hendrix ... heard dat he died cause he choked on his own vomit!!!! :annoyed:

4. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@ ronnianand
    yup and did u know dat jimi, janis , jim morrisionn and KURT COBAIN all died at the age of 27 !!! spooky!

and all were DRUGIES ! :p:

5. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

agreed but u cant blame corey taylor....dat dude has one of da best voices....listen o his side project band Stone Sour......listen to the songs Inhale and Bother...

another example wud be cannible corpse...i luv some solos but hate da growling....

6. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@cypher
    i just like joey jordanson !!
    ever heard SICK by SLIPKNOT!! like it till da vocals come in !

7. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

oh yea man..hes one kickass drummer....but listen to Inhale and Bother...nd u'll start luvin corey taylor also.....trust me on dis

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey who said anything about Slipknot Vocals?

Alfons? kya yaar your Pantera vocalist also howls like Wolf ... or i should rather say "bays" like wolf ...

9. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

gnr spilt
    salsh sueing axl

jimi playing guitar and dying

rolling stones not quitting and retring

axl not relesing chineses demo 'hisis' crazy

and the biiggeessttt loss is kurt kobain

10. Kobain

Kobain New Member

kurt cobain's murder by his wife plz....check his site for the truth...
    also ....me having to pursue my studies

11. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

how did u know i like PANTERA ??
    anywayz he just SCREECH's , i think he USED 2 do dat 2 match DIMBEBAG's GUITAR :beer:
    heard sumwhere u hav 2 smoke a lot 2 hav dat kinda voice !

12. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

lets say i have an "uncanny knack" of knowing that :grin: ...

13. ronnieanand

You dont need to smoke a lot of get that kind of growl. Maybe it helps to some extent. For a few days I was playing with a Death Metal band. Our vocalist had a serious growl and he was total non smoker.

I love Pantera. I really dig their Far Beyond Driven album. One of my all time favourites.

14. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey that was Bon Scott of AC/Dc or some other chap from AC/DC ... But guess its mostly Scott ......

And the growls its true in a way ... PPL used it for lack of singing talent i guess ..
    And a nice point made dude ......

15. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

When Geri Halliwel (Ginger Spice) left the Spice Girls. a True tragedy...atleast i can still google up her nude pics.

16. ronnieanand

Jimi Hendrix was on a Heroin Overdose when he died. He did die due to Suffocation from his own vommit. Even without the choking he'd have died anyway that same night due to heroin overdose.

Same with Curt Cobain. He was on severe overdose of drugs and had swallowed plenty of sleeping pills which was anyway fatal beyond doubts. Maybe he shot himself just to speed up the process or maybe he could take the heights of being high.

17. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

^^ yup
    both isnt it weird dat all of em died at the age of 27 !

18. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah i read somewhere ... mayB here on IGT taht a person's peak creativity and productivity is from 25 to 30 years ...

so anyway those fellows had lived their purpose ... :p: