Biggest tragedy with Rock World .....

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by apurbajd, Aug 15, 2005.

1. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Hello guyz ... the other day I was just surfing when I came across a site describing how broke slash was after he was out of GNR... the site claims that he even was on the verge of commiting suicide ...... :shock:

Well Its not what I want to share with u guyz. But I was thinking what a great tragedy it was to see slash and axl part ways. May be slash is busy with his Velvet Revolver now and Axl is working on next album Chinese Democracy... but the truth is Without slash, Axl is not Axl and without Axl slash is not slash also ... Together they were at their best and we know that wonder as GNR ..... Any GNR fan will agree with me I hope ... :think:

So many other tragedies happened with Rock music(like Kurt Cobain's suicide..... ) , So guyz let your heart out and speak .... Post which incident you think was the worst ever tragedy to happen with Rock music ? ... which according to you did many hurm to the wonder called Rock ..... Guyz share ur feelings ..................... pls ..

2. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

one of the gr8st rock tragedies for me was when halford left judas priest in 1992 !!! even though i came to knw very very late abt it, for me it was painful !! glad they r back 2gether !!!

P.S: even the way hendrix ,randy rhoads and bon scott passed away was very sadening ! R.I.P

3. tejas

tejas ..........

Randy Rhodes death. And Dimebag being murdered. Worst things that've happened.

4. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

many tragedies...
    kurt cobain..s death
    john lennon..s murder..

i think kurts was a big loss to the world of music..

5. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

agree wid Dimebag's murder...
    also Robert Trojillio replacing Jason Newsted :(

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

biggest tragedy - hmmm

me not becoming a rock star :grin:

7. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

That was a blessing in disguise for us...... lol..... :p:

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

tanx ... i take it as a compliement :grin:

9. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

biggest tragedy for rock music...

THIS THREAD !

10. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

* dies after reading 1st post *
    * resurrects*
    * reads DHARMATMA's post , dies of laughter*

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Kurt Kobian , Jim Morrison , Keith Moon , Janis Joplin , Jimmy Hendix , Lyndyd Skynard , Bonham , Lenon ... Deaths ....
    GNR Split ....
    Syd Barrat getting mad ....
    And a lots and lots of em ...

12. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

@dharmatma,alfons - u guys are evil!

13. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^alfons has been reading a lot of dharmatma replies i guess..

the biggest tragedy for rock music was when ppl started growlin and called it singin and makin up for lack of talent in singin.

14. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

What do u mean by that dharmatma ? If u dont like something no one is pushing you to go and listen to that ..... but pls dont u try to make a joke of it ...... Rock is music . hella good music ....... if you dont understand sumthing ... dont try to act smart saying its not music .......... this thread was started with an innocent attempt to share rock fans feelings... let us do it ......... and if what u meant was about the so called rock bands which did a lot hurm to rock music ( I agree to u if u meant that, some singers just ruined rock when they tried to sing rock) , then ur view is very much welcome.... we are here for constructive exchnage of view .... lets do that only..... thanks .....

15. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^^^ the infamous dialouge..if u dont like it dont listen to it..hahahahha..
    for ur kind info i WAS in a prog metal band which had growling vocals.

u sound very confused in ur post..
    i dont even consider kurt cobain a musician,and i think gnr was a ch*tia band.
    SO?im gonna say it,coz ive heard them..
    and what are u talkin abt me not understanding what growling vocals is??
    yea..in a way its true..i dont understand one word they try to sing..

bhurararararararar....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooo...bhuuurrrittttooooo....

16. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

ok..real tragedies if u mean..pre mature deaths of potential or great musicians..

cliff burton.
    jim morrison.
    jimi hendrix.
    shawn lane.
    jason beckers disease..which crippled him.(hes still alive and fightin hard)

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

er...As far as I know, Kurt Cobain was classified as grunge?

Dimebag Darrel was in Pantera which was also not a rock band?

John Lennon was in the Beatles who were more of a Pop Band?

Judas Priest was a Heavy Metal band?

But I suck at genres and I don't really care about them...so yeah, okay.

18. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey soory Cliif .... I forgot to add Ciff Burtons name in my list ...

19. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

huh does annyone here knows that Lynyrd Skynyrd ... almost the whole band was wiped out when their plane (or was it a bus?) crashed ...

20. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

^^ it was a plane crash.