BIGGEST Disappointment in my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Mr. Scary, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

turns out my parents were saving up a "suprise" for my birthday guitar. It turns out NOT to be an ESP M202BB or a MH 400....no not even a FRICKING ESP!!! It turns out that They ordered a Jackson DXMG. WTF?!?!?!??! But turns out they also ordered a pair of EMG 81s and im still getting the schaller low profile. I am still pissed...Jackson....i never even thought of that!

Ah the 5150 will make up for it. Yes go ahead, all the people that took my Ibanez/Jackson thrashing...laugh at me. :cen:

2. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Well, jackson ain't that bad mate. You could always sell it and get an ESP :p:

3. Subhro

Subhro Argentina lost :"(

he he he.........

don be disappointd.......
    my uncle too gave me a guitar as a surprise on my baday.........
    he went 2 da store & bought da sxiest lookin guitar with not the sxiest sound :p:

but no complaints .. :)... its 4 tht surprise tht i am playin guitar and been a member of this wondrfl site....

4. shak

shak Harrr!

dont worry scary..dinkys aint bad!!... i am sure you'l like it.

5. Mr. Scary

i kinda like the neck...but those EMG hzs HAVE to go. When it comes to tonewood-construction matching, im told Alder and Bolt on go hand in hand like how Mahoghany and set-through/setneck/neck through go together.

Ah i really hope it grows on me :(

6. shak

shak Harrr!

oh i remeber will you go with those modification on this dinky? ... you know the ones you were planing for the ESP .. the dm FREDs and that tremolo system?

7. Mr. Scary

turns out my parents ordered a Pair of EMG 81s (active humbuckers) and they already ordered the Schaller. There's just something i like about schaller...like i tried one out on my friend's Carvin...and i literally abused the thing...i even lifted the guitar up by the whammy....divebomb here dive bomb there...checked the chromatic tuner...the damn thing was still in PERFECT pitch. I forgot what makes schaller more special than the Floyd Rose, it has to do with something attached at the base of the bridge, ill look the article up and post it.

8. shak

shak Harrr!

pair??? ... you wont use 81's on neck... would you?...that would be horrible!!
    and about tremolos...sadly the gibson people designed lp's with fixed bridges..so i am yet to explore the divebombing... :(
    and yeah post the article...will wait for it

9. Mr. Scary

sad but true..i will end up using EMGs on the neck :(
    but hey if it works for Michael Romeo why not?!!? :D

eh... :(

10. shak

shak Harrr!

really? i didnt know that thing about romeo..good info..
    and yeah try to get emg-85 for the neck if you must use emg's. .. 81's are horrible at the neck...

11. Mr. Scary

right! i forgot about the 85, i gotta look into trading it in for one.

12. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Or a emg 60 is pretty good at the neck if im not mistaken.

13. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

my parents only bought school books and clothes for me.. are one of thse teens doing drugs with tertiary problems in life?
    focus on your studies dude.

14. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

@Jay.. you are hot man

sorry off topic

15. Mr. Scary

I got control over my schoolwork. Im doing 4 AP courses this year and and 3 more my senior year. I play guitar everyday for 4 hours straight and still maintain a GPA of 3.9.

16. shak

shak Harrr!

yup got 3 straight A's in my a-levels maths,physics and IT ... doing ma french and furtehr mathematics a-level this year and will get another 2 A's hopefuly...so no compromoise here from my side as well!! :)

17. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

hey all u ppl doing a levels???

dammit - no IB students here!!!

all guitarists seem to do well in skool either ways - getting 40/42 credits so far!! hoping to get 41/42 in my finals!!!! (long time) may 2005 - and well my parents did not buy me the new guitar (ibanez rg 370dx)- im selling my yam and ive to pay the diff between how much i sell it for and the cost of my new guitar!!!

sorry (off topic)

18. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^my Parents will never buy me a guitars. Last time i asked my dad, he told me "after 3 months". i couldn't wait. Did a Job, got my guitars. Since my job sucked a lot (who likes taking damn calls and troubleshooting computers with dumb ppl sitting infront of it!). Now, i have got a nice job of my choice wid good salary:))). Hope i'll save it enuff for buying electric guitars and stuff. its tough since i have to save it for my MBA too.

sorry offtopic here too.

19. Mr. Scary

^ nah its cool! Can't wait till i graduate.

20. MetalisticPro

MetalisticPro New Member

hey ?? u dunt like DXMG :|
    what .. serious .. cuz im buying A DXMG @ july ..
    any QuoteS ?