best way to record piano

Discussion in 'Misc Musical Instruments' started by skaw, Dec 25, 2004.

1. skaw

skaw snooze

hey guyz , um i didnt noe where to put this thread so i ll just put it here n then u can move it to an appropriate place ...

um my friend plays a piano n he wanted to record himself , now he bought a midi cable (whtever that is) , but it didnt work ... can any of help tell me (i noe u can put the mic over the speaker n recorded) ?

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

can you be more specific? what piano does he have? acoustic upright/grand or like a digital piano? or is it a piano at all? is it a domestic keyboard like casio without any midi or a decent synth with midi? where does he want to record it?
    tape recorder? computer?
    if u can be more specific i can probably give some possible options..

Jay

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

I thought about it a long time and logically this should be in Misc Musical Instruments. It'll benefit all the piano and keyboard players. Thread will be moved.

4. skaw

skaw snooze

thanx disturbed

@jay , well i noe for sure is not the accoustic one , i m sorri , i dont noe much but i ll tell u all i noe ... its one of those where u can use other instruments sound as well .. like um u can change the it to flute and play flute , u noe wht i mean ... ??

n he wants to record on the computer with the least amount of air ...

i ll tell u more once i talk to him , n ask him (and write it down wht he says) ...

chaw

5. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

he can go the midi route.. in that case he would needa good sound card on his PC, and if he is not happy with general midi sounds, then something like soundfonts or the virtual synth racks, u can get free ones off the web.. or at least demo free ones..

if his keyboard doesnt have midi (highly unlikely)

he needs an audio interface and audio recording software. u get really low end usb interfaces these days, which with free music recording softwares like pro tools free etc.

If u r willing to spend around 300-400$ options are plenty.

6. skaw

skaw snooze

k .. um i kidna get wht u meant ... n well he has a

PSR - 220 Yamaha .... :)