Best Way to Make IGT better Part 2

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by waleed (London), Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have started this threat to continue the debate as the first one has been closed premuturely.

Some one obviously doesn't like critisism.

The fact is IGT is becoming boring and we are concerned that good contributers will dissappear from it.
    But it appears the Lord and master is unconcerned and unwilling to make a positive suggestion.

Last year I wrote to him that I had spoken to Boyan Chaudary lead guitarist with a band who had a chart hit in the UK.
    I asked him if was interested in doing an online interview with IGT.
    This would encourage young Indian guitarist to make it in the music industry.
    Boyan was definitely up for it.

Geuss what the lords response was.
    Thanks - Good Idea - I will get in touch.

Result - Zilch

I am sure IGT is fertile with talent and ideas but will they allow it to develop?

2. yazi

yazi Banned

Rock's about freedom man, to stick it to the man. Dun be the man here lord. Whats the problem with a new idea or two? This ain't Nazi era.

3. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

maybe IGT needs sum new and fresh blood in it............nd dere r too many silent members in it which used to post earlier................wake up guyz...........

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

good idea...we need al the members to post.

5. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

we need some new blood.....

6. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

This thread will continue to live as long as there no bullshit said and when that happens the members who said it will be banned instantly going with the one strike policy.

Constructive criticism only.

Have nice day! :)

7. yazi

yazi Banned

Neo, can u provide the right click enabled option?

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Neo, the one strike policy that you have harbored for so long is pushing IGT into a downward spiral. People can and do have different opinions than you, i doubt you can do much about that in real life so why flex your muscles in an unwarranted fashion online just because you can? Undeniably some of the best contributors have been either banned or have either been completely disgruntled with the workings of this website. All we're asking is that you give up your trigger happy manner and actually deal with criticism (harsh or subtle) in a more diplomatic manner keeping in light the particular member's contributions or lack thereof. You cant say i dont have a vested interest in this website, i've given a good chunk of my time and effort for this website and you know it. Shocking newslinks and haphazard contests will only take the website so far when the founding premise of it is ignored. I hope that was constructive enough.

9. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Unfortunately you only know the user side of the story and not the administrative part. It’s not easy to look after 44 k members and I think you know how rowdy our members can be. We can’t spend entire day and night tracking down people and telling them to behave giving them second, third chances etc.

Nothing will happen to you if you behave the only people who have something to worry about are the ones who create trouble and these are the people who don’t want here.

This policy is here to stay. Either you adhere to the rules are you not welcome. If these rules somehow diminish the quality of the site then we are prepared for it. This topic now stands closed. You guys are free to discuss anything else.

Have a nice day! :)

10. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

already having one..............lol.......

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    Reminds me of this:

Architect: Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it. And we have become exceedingly efficient at it. The function of the One is now to return to the source allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry reinserting the prime program after which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix. Which, coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

Neo: You won't let it happen, you can't. You need human beings to survive.

Architect: There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However the relevant issue is whether you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world. It is interesting reading your reactions. Your 5 predecessors were by design based on a similar predication a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species facilitating the function of the One.

12. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

What I propose is to advertise about IGT in various media thignies.

There are many TV programs / news channel that have some Hobby related slots shown.

IGT can be propagated there. (Mebbe it has already been done, but then this should be an ongoing thingie).

13. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Its not 44k. A lot less actually post. All you need to do is delete some "lolol britney spears nude" threads and ban those peoplez\. The rest is just quite easy to mod, i mean come on! If you have the abilities to pwn those people then theyll keep quiet. In fact, pwnage has been the main good feature ov IGT for the last years.

+ You didnt understand my deleted thread. It was basically to define spam and a slight suggestion that pwnage will actually increase the number of hits to make more monaaayy!!

14. yazi

yazi Banned

@Alpha: Roles are switched

15. yazi

yazi Banned

By trouble what do you mean exactly? If you define it, people can avoid it.

And yeah, You too have a nice day. :)

16. d_ist_urb_ed

Why are you so paranoid about "rowdiness"? Are you afraid of legal repurcussions? And it seems to me you're trying to run a free-for-all forum website using an anal abercrombie country club commercial model. Oh and of course, you conveniently ban the members but not delete their subscriptions? Shouldnt you atleast let the members withdraw their subscriptions if they dont agree with your "policy". I think i speak for jayswami that you should immediately remove all of his tabs from this website.

17. shak

shak Harrr!

so, you are willing to allow the quality of IGT to diminish for the sake of holding on to the rules that were enforced in the first place by yourself for the sole purpose of actually 'improving' the quality of the said website?

vintage ...

anyway . .the question . .how to make IGT better?

go ahead with those video tutorials ... keep up with those competitions .. get in touch with some pro musicians and ask them to come and join the website . .that would be huge incentive for n00bs when they see some popular musician posting on IGT and helping people . .

i'll skip the criticism ..

18. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Ahh yes, you banned me now also remove my content speech. Boy if I had a cent for every time a banned member (or his flunky) said this…I would have accumulated like 10 bucks Easily.

User Submitted Content

You are solely responsible for all materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available on this site ("Your Content"). You certify that you own all intellectual property rights applicable to Your Content. You hereby grant us, our affiliates, and our partners a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly display, transfer, transmit, distribute and publish Your Content.

Without limitation, we are not responsible for content submitted by our users. We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that may, in our sole discretion, violate these Terms or that is otherwise objectionable.

So we remove content that violate our rules and nothing else.

Have a nice day! :)

P.S
    Yes that precisely what we are willing to do, I have to repeat it as you clearly didn’t understand the first time I said it. (It happens :))

19. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^I donno if I'll get banned for this but seriously .. that have a nice day with a smile face in every post is irritating and uncool.

20. d_ist_urb_ed

Yipee-ay-kay, fancy legal language, but that doesnt say anything about banned members, the language only suggests at members currently listed as members of IGT. And anything that you amend from hereon falls in on itself because the provision wasnt listed when we signed up. And dude, dont even get me started about you talking about flunkies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.