Best way to learn how to play a guitar????

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Marxviper, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Marxviper

Marxviper New Member

When I asked the best way to learn the guitar.. I meant best way to learn it without a teacher. I had a teacher before like a 2 yrs ago.. and it had been long since i have touched my guitar.
    Bandbaaja! you are rite. there are so many ways to learn it. However, I wanted to know ur and other guys' experience in learning it without pro's helps. Ofcourse, when I asking u it means that im not going it for professionally. But I want to learn it as a hobby, get around with group of guys or join some music club in school/college/uni and have a bit fun. And the cheapest way to learn it properly is to buy a guitar teaching program which I did.. And It suggested same style as Dennis mentioned earlier.

Thanx guys for ur suggestions and comments. It was nice of you to reply

2. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

Get urself a guitar first !

3. Marxviper

Marxviper New Member

Hey Rechts_234!!!! Thanx for the comment. But this isnt a place to be a smartass. If u dont have anything useful to say, just stay quiet and read other people thread and their replies...

By the way, I have Al-hambra classical guitar and one ovation guitar elite L1778.. if u wanna know how much they cost, chk it online since u have lot of time to mess someone random on the net.

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

common max...dont be so harsh on him, its his first post. ..hes just finding his way around here.
    @rechts: welcome to IGT :) :beer:

5. Bandbaaja

Bandbaaja Pronounced Band Baaaa Ja

hey chill everyone
    no one intends to be harsh here, its all in the fun
    i am sure rechts was trying to pull a fast one, but all in fun
    CHILL DUDES

PEACE