Best sound recording software that can record tune and voice ?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by GoodWillWins, Jul 16, 2006.

1. GoodWillWins

GoodWillWins New Member

Hi Need help here. can u tell my which is the best sound recording software that can both recordthe tune and sing(and please recommend something to make the sound clear, coz when i sing normally it sound good but when i hear my recording, i feel like shutting down my computer ). and is it better to use a line in for the guitar or the mike, coz i tried the mike and the volume seemed rather low. also some software for drum loops since i cant find any drummers here.
    i'm sure many share my problem so please reply if u can

In short
    1) Please suggest me a software for recording and ur advice for a clear sound recording.
    2)is there any software for drum loops.
    3)is ther any other way (by chance) i can record songs .

also i treid a new software called guitarFx , https://guitarfx.net
    though it a trial its quite good.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

1. You need a muti-track recording soiftware. So that you can record guitar on one track, paino on other, drums on other, bass on other, vocals on other. And finally you can mix it down to get a full recording.
    Free multi-track recorders:
    Kristal
    Audacity
    Pay multi-recorders:
    Adone Audition
    Sonar Cakewalk

2. Well if you can get drums recording from anywhere, you can loop it in one of the tracks on a multi-track recording software.

3. What other way? Yeah you can get a 4-track tape recorder. And record on it.

3. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

if ur sound card is good enuf thn normal rec warez like acoutica mp3 mixer,soundforge etc etc will work out for sure..
    if ur lookin for pro soft thn steinberg nuendo n cubase SX is awesome for multi rec ..but u need sum sound tech or good knwledge of rec..

4. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

If you say, "Best sound recorder" and "editor", it has to be Soundforge. But if you talk about studio type recorders i.e. multitrack recorders, Cakewalk Sonar, Adobe Audition etc has the edge. Recently, i am using another software which works better than Cakewalk Sonar, in my computer (I don't have hi fi configuration). That's "Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro"..
    So, you have the choice

5. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Audacity is the best and easiest. You can try others to suit your needs/feel.
    -regards,
    ultrabot90

6. GoodWillWins

GoodWillWins New Member

Thanks

Thanks guys for the response very helpful.

7. GoodWillWins

GoodWillWins New Member

ome more problem

I've tried Audacity , but its doesnt seem to Record when i plug my guitar in the line-in (i bought a pick-up, for my acoustic), i can hear the sound when its recording ,but there is no waves . and playing it i could hear nothing.

please suggest

8. rockbabun

rockbabun New Member

Check the conections...I've encountered dis prob...my jack was loosened. So check the connectors.

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

That should be because you haven't selected Line-in as the recording device.