Best Satriani Album

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jekyll, Nov 14, 2005.

1. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

But there is no replacement to fingers. With finger vibratos you can get really aggressive vibrato sounds. It is said that some of Jimmy Page's finger vibratos cannot even be done with a Floyd Rose.

2. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hmm
    well he didnt use any kinda whammy bar aint it?

he used to "whammy" the strings tension though, by applying force on the strings after the nut (thats how i used to whammy with my stupid acoustic earlier)

3. ronnieanand

You cannot replace whammy because with it, you can reduce the tension on the strings or I could say you could dive to a lower pitch. Without that all finger stuffs or even beyond the nut thingy will only raise the pitch. There is one technique without the whammy to reduce the pitch ie. to hold the body and try to bend the neck. I am shit scared to do this on my guitar but I have seen people doing it.

4. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^ yeah i use to try it on my frends electric at college ...
    sounds real wierd coz u can bend teh neck both ways ...

so it acts like a floating bridge tremolo ... :grin: but there is not much control ... i mean u cannot replace a whammy ... anyway am not too fond of using a whammy bar ...

5. ronnieanand

Me too :cool: . Not fond of using a whammy bar. Jake E Lee says that when the heart starts thinking about music, you use the Whammy Bar. This cannot be truer if you hear most guys using Floyd Rose. :beer: :beer:

10 more days. Count down for you.

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

starts or stops?

stop the countdown ... it seems to me as if there is gonna be some exam or test :p:

7. ronnieanand

Yes. Test of :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :rock: :rock: :rock:

8. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hey i just got the album "Beautiful Guitar" ...

It is a compilation of Satch's melodic numbers ... a little on the slower side ...

AWESOME !!!
    a definite MUST BUY

9. ronnieanand

@Jekyll. And Now its 8 More Days For You Dude :think: . Do you realize what's gonna happen to you :aggre: :aggre: :aggre:

10. jekyll

jekyll Banned

OMG
    :boxed:

:Worried:

:giveup: