Best Satriani Album

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jekyll, Nov 14, 2005.

1. jekyll

jekyll Banned

yeah the Best album by Satriani : Crystal Planet ...

whaddaya think?

2. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I'm sure I'm in the minority but the self titled album is the one where he actually plays with a lot of emotion

3. jekyll

jekyll Banned

u talking about ---> Joe Satriani ... well he sounds toooooo dark in that album ...
    Crystal sounds the brightest ...

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Surfing with an Alien and Crystal Planet

5. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

I like Not of this Earth, Flying, Surfing, Crystal Planet

6. jekyll

jekyll Banned

pardon me ... but Surfing with the Aliens sound a litlle kiddish n wannabe :p:

that time Joe Satch was not so renowned ...

anywya what arae your views on Engines of Creation (a techno venture)

7. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

The extremist.

8. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Surfing with an Alien......:)

9. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

My fav is "Strange Beautiful Music" and then it's "Joe Satriani"
    I like Strange beautiful music cause it's really different yet still very beautiful. It really is STRANGE BEAUTIFUL MUSIC
    And then Joe Satriani cause Joe plays the blues so well and it's soo dark and bluesy. I think if you just saw a very scary movie and you listen to "Luminous Flesh Giants" you'll be scared straight.

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

FLYING IN A BLUE DREAM.

The song Forgotten is good enough to rate the whole album great. :) Others are cool too. The intro Title Track itself is a killer with that killer feedback. I wanna get that kind of feedback too :cry1:

11. jekyll

jekyll Banned

how about raising the gain n volume of your amp? and standing infront of the speaker?

12. shak

shak Harrr!

nope ... not a fan of joe ... i would prefer vai

13. jekyll

jekyll Banned

^ VAI is ARBIT ...

14. abhijitnath

I've tried that a few times....not only do you start to go deaf, you also get a horrible howling sound from the speaker:-(. Dunno how these guys do it
    If I remember correctly the Korg AX1500 has a feedback emulator..never used it though

15. jekyll

jekyll Banned

feedback simultors are crap ...
    they get switched on by the processor only after some time (few seconds) ... n that too sounds very synthtic ...

although at home i have fun with it :grin:

but in any case having something is better than having nothing at all ... and i like my processor :rock:

16. abhijitnath

Even when you have real feedback it starts after a few seconds...if you watch the live vid of Flying... he shifts position and after around 2 seconds the note that is feeding back changes
    Probably right about the synthetic sound though

17. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

With the processor the feedback is uncontrollable. I get excellent feedbacks but I have no control over it. I cannot get it like the Flying In A Blue Dream intro. With the processor, after a while the processor takes over and starts giving the feedback shit and if you do vibrato with your fingers or do anything with the whammy bar, nothing really happens. That's total crap :mad: . Sounds like a radio station that went bad. :mad:

18. Strat

Strat Floydian

The Extremist for me...
    Next should come Crystal Planet.

19. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

without a doubt ""surfing with the alein""

20. jekyll

jekyll Banned

exactly ron ... thats what i ment by synthetic ... it was not about the tone (aleast for me) ...

hey abhijith the feedback thing should strat gradually ... in my AX100G it starts almost suddenly ...

and yeah once feedback starts u cannot do anything with it ... hy ron u can increase decrese the vibrato speed by using the pedal :p: