Best Rock Band in India

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by death_calls, Apr 7, 2006.

1. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

dude - there arent any real PUNK rock or PUNK metal - or even PUNK POP bands in india are there - really lookin fer some stuff like that - hints aneone? :grin:

2. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

3. tejas

tejas ..........

I saw Motherjane recently, they're pretty awesome. Their "Hallowed Be Thy Name" cover is perfect! I cant believe that vocalist can actually hit those notes! And they're pretty nice guys too, they gave us free copies of their album (we had opened for them, sort of anyway..). There's this band here, Wreckage, they are good as long as they keep it metal, but once they try erm....stuff like Knockin On Heavens Doors, you cant bear them. Their cover of Cowboys From Hell is neat.

And saw PDV recently. And they sucked! Not that I was expecting anything, but they were seriously boring. They played mostly originals, which sucked, and the only two covers they did were Slipknot, so you can imagine. Oh yeah, they did Domination, Pantera, that was all right. I kinda liked "In Dependence", so I was looking forward to it, but it sounded terrible live. Bottom line - don't like them.Them Clones were surprisingly good. They were quite a relief really, their originals were interesting. I would've bought their CD if I wasnt out of money.

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

^Where the hell have you been?

5. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

parikrama and pentagram all the way.

and yeah fossils is getting better and better with each album.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

+1

and pentagram is electronica now.

7. cosmic_charm

cosmic_charm New Member

I like Indian Ocean too. Euphoria is unmatched tho...they're a band with a philosophy and a killer original style. They're truly an Indian band and thats what i like about them...

8. tejas

tejas ..........

Dont ask! I'm starting to hate engineering! Hardly have any free time :cry1:

And yeah, Parikrama are cool, their shows are always fun.

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I hate when Parikrama plays Coldplay.

Recently saw Joint Family....they are those n-metal slipknot worshipping band....playlist was crap...but amazing energy level.

10. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahaha...yeah, when they play Yellow the whole mood goes down into the drain.

11. tejas

tejas ..........

^^Hehe yeah, they did that last year. He was trying to get the crowd to sing, probably sang two lines himself, it was rather stupid. But overall, their show was great. I left that place happy, and without any bruises. Thats kinda rare.

12. death_calls

death_calls New Member

joint family rocks .there bassist is amazing .there music is also good.

13. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Actually i kinda liked the gibson tone while the sherpa plays "yellow". Versatile singer i must say since he sings like AC/DC then sways back for nice clean vocals for their originals.

@Tejas...PDV is supposed the best live arse kicking band. Not that i am big fan of them however the truth is that they make the crowd headbang like they never need their necks anymore.

Yeah...Joint family has amazing stage presence but there playlist sux. hey wizard you remember that funny looking guitar that joint family guitarist had? ha ha...still tickles my funny bone.

14. rasika

rasika New Member

what about silkroute then?

15. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

nah dude...dont remember the guitar :( I have a weak memory

but after watching Joint Family and other nu-metal bands I wonder why do Slipknot need 9 members in the band :think:

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Old Monks and Sailing Ship.

Two best bands.

17. rasika

rasika New Member

what about SILKROUTE???

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm Silkroute were good. I liked their lead singer's voice.

any clue wht are they doing now?

19. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

anybody got *legal* links to soundtracks of any indian bands like demonic resuurcution, maryjane, devoid etc?
    I only got em for parikrama, orangestreet, soulmate (got the cd) and instrumental tracks by zero (anyone got them with vocals??). I got a zero's poster which mentions their website as whatmezero.com but is does not wrk :(

20. rasika

rasika New Member

mohit chauhan was lead singer..
    i saw his new song on Mtv. that was somethin like "teri saadgi ne mera jam bhar diya!!!!!"
    but was good one..