Best Rock Band in India

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by death_calls, Apr 7, 2006.

1. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

^
    devoid is awsome!!! -- i was so impressed that i had my desktop walpaper of their vocalist for 3 mnths after watching them perform :)

zero, soulmate imo are India's best rock bands ..[.:p: soulmate is a blues band though]

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Soulmate is awesome!

3. Menon

Menon New Member

Heyya Dude..
    there's this little known band from Pune called Khadki Blues and this Mumbai band called Niflheim..both at the extremes of the spectrum but great in their own styles..saw them at the GIR idols at Pune..also there was this Ahmedabad band that played RHCP, the best I've heard by an INdian band..I'll get back to yall with their names...
    Cheerio

4. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Menon, long time no see!

5. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

its not here yet...it'll be in some years.... it'll either be called fat anarchist (or if i get slim by then,,,) " Jai Hindi! " so watchout werld....

6. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

its actually 'kharki station blues' ... have seen their performce ..but imo they still need time to mature. they have a female vocalist and is quite good with tabla and stuff ...however...i think they need some serious work on syncing and presenting their music onstage

7. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

aah ... forgot to mention ...if anybody heard "medusa" from mumbai
    watch out for these guys !

8. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Ha ha .... I used to b part of that band !!!!!!!!!!!

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I guess it became the best after you left it :p:

10. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Yeah even i think so honestly ...... He he ...

11. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

btw...wht happened to ur Kurt Cobain (or some other artist...dont remember) tribute band?

12. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Kurt Cobain tribute band? There's already one and they're called Superfuzz.

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hahahahahahaha

14. bsharp

bsharp New Member

I agree ... :beer:
    No doubt Euphoria and Indian ocean are really g8..

But Guys...
    though it ll seem to be, being biased by naming a regional band..Fossils (a bengali band)..
    But let me tell u guys..
    if you listen to fossils you ll really come to know that they deserve to be among the best bands in India...specially ROCK ..... they :rock:
    After all music in itself is a language...irrespective of region.. Isn't it ?

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yes, if only people in Calcutta realized this...

16. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

then i guess i better start a 'rajasthani' rock band...;)
    btw...what say about 'moksha', fellas???

17. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Bhrahma pwns all metal bands

18. bsharp

bsharp New Member

Fossils will soon be releasing a Hindi rock album...

But why do you say..that "if only people in Calcutta realized this.." :think:

19. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Nope.. It was supposed to be Britney Spears and Jenifer Lopez tribute band. All Bluesy tribute to these great musicians :beer: :dance:

20. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Zero is good when to comes originals and composition. I am sure they have lacked that kind of character and melody in their songs after warren left. Prestorika are very talented and tight however i guess they absoutely suck at composition or only are interested to pull crowds playing popular riffs and catch all solos.

Another band which i found to be good in originals where freedom from Delhi.