Best Rock Band in India

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by death_calls, Apr 7, 2006.

1. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

i tink motherjane is real good ...all dere compositions are decent and its the only band which had the balls to cover pull me under in a competition and tht to play it brilliantly to in the end win the cmpetition ...super mallu band...rock on motherjane

2. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Motherjane is quite decent, and PDV is good!!! There was aband that i think has broken up.. but were F***** awesome.. AFS (Acquired Funk Syndrome).. They won quite a few events and were a mojor draw in Pune.. But too bad they couldn't stick around!

And Oh.. the time when bhayanak maut played in Pune (somewhere near the Mumbai - B'lore highway).. they played less of music and incited more of trouble!!!! But they looked promising!

Butu we seriously need some real talent... and the only thing I've seen close is METAKIX.

3. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

I don't know if they have a site..
    you can ask the gentleman RonnieAnand, he has posted in this thread :)

Ronnie, Cheers!!

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Well, they'd be my choice for the best cover band in Calcutta and Sumith would be my choice for best rock guitarist (omg! heresy) but I prefer Skinny Alley overall as a band. Even their covers are not really covers and that is something I haven't seen from anyone. The only solo Amyt Dutta plays almost note to note is the Larry Carlton solo from Kid Charlemagne 'cos he says it is too brilliant to mess with.

It's not really a jazz ensemble....they do play some jazz though from time to time. Play with them? Yes, perhaps in my wildest dreams :p:

I'll see if I can upload some stuff....seeing them live is a different experience altogether though. They also have a new album coming up soon.

5. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

not too many great bands in India but Bigmuff Superfuzz is gonna be next big thing..........

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

^^^ The Superfuzz are pretty decent, atleast for a three piece band. They've got talent. They just have to nurture it well and don't let all the prizes get to their heads...

Accha, as for Skinny Alley, yeah, they are a good band indeed.

@ bjr = Cassini's Division? Very mature sound, with a nice mix of emo-influenced-post-punk rock... Do check them out.

Bands which are really good include TAAQ, Motherjane, Zero, HFC, Metakix (esp. their new lineup), Kryptos, the Old Orange Street, Alms For Shanti, Indus Fukin Creed

Bands which can become amazing headlining acts: Vayu, PDV, DR, Exhumation, Parikrama, Pentagram, MyndSnare, Mantra, Prestorika

Bands which can easily come up bigtime: Devoid, Old Monks, Serpent's Kiss

7. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

bhayanak maut is awesome. i wonder when we will have a sanskrit rock band

8. strummerali

strummerali New Member

euphoria is the best according 2 me

9. death_calls

death_calls New Member

what about slez?

10. death_calls

death_calls New Member

snaskrit rock band?dont u know RUDRA ? they r from singapore.they performed at nsit last month..there aryaputra is a nice track.

11. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

parikrama
    indian ocean
    demonic resuurection:rock:
    Superfuzz..(they don have Bigmuff nymore..to appear less "cheesy")

Euphoria....well theyre not quite rock.....thought that guy Hitesh plays Xtremely well>>

12. kaiser

kaiser Bored

euphoria's almost pop...

i havent listened to a lotta indirock but from whatevr ive heard so far, i liked pdv the best.

amazing stuff.

indian ocean's loungish rock. they're moody, sing in regional languages. i find em okay. bandheh is their best number imo. if it wasnt for that silly classical piece in between the song id listen to it till the end.....haha.

13. vini

vini Repeat Offender

in india..erm
    parikrama, them clones, pentagram...and then there was this band called orange street, which vanished in thin air!

i used to overhear my bro going nuts and talkin abt about indus creed almost a decade back when they performed in his college dce..
    they have changed the name..hmm?

14. vini

vini Repeat Offender

15. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

well, people here said euphoria and indian ocean.....i dont think that they are rock bands:shock:
    euphoria started off as a rock band, but as they moved on.....their genre evolved, and now....they are more of fusion if u ask me.....but they have got some real good stuff!!!!:rock:uj, +1....that hitesh is too good!.....

indian ocean themselves say that they are not a rock band or any kind of band for that matter.....they dont like "branding" their music.....the fusion they play, i think is the best in the world:cool:......and bandeh is one hellova song....itz got an awesome guitar lead....awesome lyrics....everything is perfect about that song...:rock:
    ps-should not this be in music talk?:confused:

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I've heard good reports about them from practically everyone...they keep playing here off and on so I intend to check them out soon. I missed them a week or so ago when all my friends went but I played football instead :'(

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i like Silk Route.

and darleejing bands like mantra, candiz and maryjane, which sing in nepali !!

does anyone have any info about a band called Black Sabre Tooth which to be pune based??

18. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

Fossils........ listen to their songs and u'll know !

19. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

d00d...nepali bands own bigtime. some of them are really amazing.

among Indians...what asmo said minus Vayu.

20. Priyank_Jal_fan

Priyank_Jal_fan ..:[Snip]:..

Indian Ocean...
    Parikrama
    Brahma
    Seven
    Prestorika
    And Euphoria Are My Fav.....