Best Pick Up

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Nanda, Apr 6, 2005.

?

Could u guys let me know which pickup you trust the most

1. EMG (Active)

12.5%
  2. Seymour Duncan

31.3%
  3. Ibanez

12.5%
  4. DiMarzio

25.0%
  5. Fender Accessories

6.3%
  6. Gibson Accessories

12.5%
  7. Kinman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Joe Barden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Lace (AGI)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Could u guys let me know which pickup you trust the most

2. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

Dimarzio pickups are the best pickups for all kind of guitars...others are good 2 but no match for Dimarzio! :rockon:

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Oh!!!!! Yet another poll for the sake of having a poll.

4. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

who one earth votes for ibanez pickups??? you'll know that dimarzios designed for ibanez are still dimarzios...

well - i gues its personal choice - sorry for getting upset - but i had to voice my opinionn on the vote ibanez pickups - addy - uve got the right to ur own opinion!

5. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Anand , I just wanted to know which pick ups i could go for my new guitar based on the poll. Think with so many guitarists here, i can get a good opinion

6. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Seymour Duncan Sounds too kewl wid jacksons.

7. tejas

tejas ..........

Seymour Duncan. Love the way they sound.

8. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Seymour Duncan outclasses everything else dude.

9. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

slash uses seymour duncan alnico pickups ... and trust me theres nothing more sensitive or accurate on the market .. they are ULTRA sensitive ......you can get perfect sound with minimal effort ... n they bloody well ROCK

10. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I love the sound of a Dimarzio X2N, so I'm gonna go with Dimarzios.

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

I was plannig to by EMG - ZW , a combo of EMG- 81 and EMG - 85, what do u people suggest about this, guess it will cost me some 9k, can i get Duncan for same , will it be worth?

12. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I assume you want to play rock/metal with those. Consider that you will have to rewire your guitar to support the active pickups if you go with those EMGs. You can get a good Duncan passive pickup combo for less and save yourself the hassle of rewiring the guitar. Also consider a DiMarzio combo (X2N in the bridge and Paf Pro in the neck is my recommendation).

13. ronnieanand

What guitar you have and what kind of music you play. You just cannot simply ask for voting for the best pickup to buy one. What's good for others need not be good for you. Tell out your requirements and you'd get better answers than just people voting which is their personal favourite. Do you want to know what other's favourites or do you want to buy one for you. Also check out Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio websites and understand their tone graphs. That would give you a good idea about the kind of pickup you might like.

14. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hi anand, i am Goutham here the guy who had come with rohan to your place, i will speak about it in person, thanks anyway. Hope to see you this week end

15. ronnieanand

I know. You had PMed me.

16. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

agree with anand...u just cant choose a pick up.its totally based on the kinda sound u want