Best Pakistani Guitarist

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by axlrose250, Nov 15, 2004.

1. kaka

kaka New Member

axlrose ...remember Aamir Zaki song Mera Pyar Tum He Ho ... This song was one of the biggest hits of mid 90's ... He is known as one of the best guitar player in the country . he has worked with lots of artists such as Najam Sheraz , Hadiqa Kiani etc

2. shak

shak Harrr!

aamir zaki...definitley....this guy can make melody..and go all the way form blues and rock to pop and oriental....he rocks!

3. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

i hvnt downloaded amir zakis songs yet. but i think shallums instrumental was melodic aswell man. it had feeling. also i dont think u shuld judge a guitarist by how many artist hes played with. in tat case mekaal hassan is just 2 gud. the guys played with every1. he was even part of aadat

4. bluepsycho

bluepsycho New Member

Guyszz You should listen to OVERDRIVE's Guitarist "Akbar"...I think he is just amazing.....too goood

check thier stuff out https://www.overdriveonline.net

5. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

i am the best guitarist alive today.lol....Just Kidding.....
    AAMIR ZAKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. RAVISHINGBOY

RAVISHINGBOY J@CksoN BoY !

Jazz :|| where is faraz anwer on the list ? Hes the best skill guitarist and Musician ever :| where is he :|

7. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

faraz anwer is an amazin gutiarist man and just read the post his name is there sumwhere. but he definatly cant sing.
    wat bout zulfi hes an alrite guitarist

8. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

Salman Ahmad !!!

9. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

lets finalize it
    Category wise

Damn good guitarists 000

Faraz Anwar
    Salman Ahmed
    Aamir Zaki
    Nabeel Chisty
    Shallum Xavier
    Mekaal Hassan
    Asad or wateva his name is , lead guitarist of karvan

Good Guitarists 000

Xulfi
    Goher
    Ali Noor
    Sultan or whateva his name is lead guitarist of Call
    Bilal Maqsood
    etc ......................
    a long list
    may be including me also :p

10. zohaib

zohaib Shredder

lets finalize it
    Category wise

Damn good guitarists 000

Faraz Anwar
    Salman Ahmed
    Aamir Zaki
    Nabeel Chisty
    Shallum Xavier
    Mekaal Hassan
    Asad or wateva his name is , lead guitarist of karvan

Good Guitarists 000

Xulfi
    Goher
    Ali Noor
    Sultan or whateva his name is lead guitarist of Call
    Bilal Maqsood
    etc ......................
    a long list
    may be including me also :p

11. omar

omar New Member

heylow poeple! i am new here! i was just reading this topic and decided to comment on this! first i'll introduce myself! i am Omar and i am right now living here in Pakistan! and lets now get on with the topic!

firstly, i think you guys need to learn what music is! (no offense people)
    and now what i think about the best guitariast in Pakistan!:

1] Faraz Anwar [Mizraab] & [Dusk]:
    surely one of the best guitarist in Pakistan! this guy was sent a degree of music from abroad from those people who only saw him only on a video tape! and that was the biggest achievement ever till now for any Pakistani guitarist! man not only is he the best in Pakistan but he is surely the best guitarist in Asia! he has fans all across the world especially in Germany!

2] Amir Zaki:
    definetly another master in the field! he was amazing and maybe he still is but i haven't personally heard anything from him! but the thing i know is that he was the top guitarist in Pakistan! unbeatable! you cannot put this guy into words!

3] Mekaal Hasan [Mekaal Hasan Band]:
    amazing guitarist! awesome! he is included on my list! he knows what to play and when to play! although he might not be that good on guitars but he is surely the best when it comes to bass! even Junoon ask him to play for them! although he is really a violent guy but still very good at guitars! for his pieces listen to his band!

4] Nabeel [Aaroh]:
    i have heard stories about him and have seen him play live and i think he might be the next best thing! excellent at guitars! actually awesome!

5] Salman Ahmed:
    good guitarist!

6] Bilal Maqsood [Strings]:
    he really is also great but not in the top five!

7] Ali Noor [Noori]:
    people may i have your attention please? this guy here can't play guitars! he doesn't know how to play guitars! he might be the biggest failure Pakistan has ever seen! if you don't believe me, try listening to his gig: "Suno Ke Main Hoon Jawan's " audio! he couldn't play! if you don't have them! mail me and i'll send you!

8] Zulfiqar J. Khan [eP]:
    he is not that good but not that bad actually! he had problems with his guitar when he did that "Battle of The Bands" finale! although his vocals are really awesome!

well thats actually not all from me! i have more but the other people are underground so you might not know! well according to me the final best ones are:

1] Faraz Anwar
    2] Amir Zaki
    3] Mekaal Hasan

you can't not beat them! actually you cannot compete with them!
    thats all from me for now! speak to you guys soon! bye!
    add me to you contact list: [SNIP] only if you want!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    omar

try these music links and you shall be done!
    personal websites:

Faraz Anwar's Official Fansite: www.farazanwarfan.tk
    Mizraab's Official Fansite: www.mizraabianz.com
    Overdrive's Official Website: www.overdriveonline.net

sources:

Underground Music Revolution: www.umrevolution.com
    BandBaja: www.bandbaja.org

12. shak

shak Harrr!

welcome omar!...good first post..though i don't agree with your rankings..
    but a word of advice kid...be very careful when giving out your email ID publicly...especially when you have just pissed off a alot of the members ^^^

13. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

omar man sharukh he right bout pissin people off...WHY U LITTLE...just jkin man. welcome.
    gud choice wouldnt neccisarly agree with u but hey freedom of speech.
    wat u think of Shallum and yh can u post ali noor's gigs thing would appreciate. if cant tell me ill email. aite thanks and welcom once again

14. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

15. omar

omar New Member

well thanks for the welcome and yes i might have pissed a lot of people but this is what the truth is! and i am not afraid of it! and...

Shallum is also a talented guitarist but he needs to get out of that fusion because if he stays there with that kind of music his talent won't be seen!

16. shak

shak Harrr!

^..as far as i know..shallum is not soleley working for fuzon...he works with strings,najam,atif and he goes solo as well sometimes(my guardian angel)...so you cant say that he is stuck with fuzon only....

17. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

and i dont think hes as bad in fuzon as u think i mean fuzon made some really gud songs

18. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

Bilal cant play??

a lot of people here are saying that bilal maqsood [strings] cant play the guitar, that shallum plays for them, that he learnt guitar 2 yrs ago...etc etc
    just to let u know, strings was formed in 1990, 14-15 years ago, and you're telling me that shallum played for them back then too? if bilal couldnt play, why would he be in a band? think about it....
    and what do u think he does in concerts/live sessions? dont tell me that shallum is secretly playing at the back while bilal strums :annoyed:
    i also watched a few videos of strings jamming at home...how do u explain that?...im not saying he's the BEST guitarist on earth, but he CAN play and strings do have a lot of good compositions. im just annoyed cuz strings was the reason i started learning guitar, and now people are saying all this.

19. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

he cant play.. they probably hired a guitarist 15 years ago.

20. shak

shak Harrr!

^^yeah even if he didn't then the solos of the songs like "sar kiye yeh pahar" are so lame that even a kid can play...them..all done on one string and don't last more than 30 seconds..