Best Pakistani Guitarist

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by axlrose250, Nov 15, 2004.

1. saifee

saifee New Member

i hve bee a student of farooq (sunny) lead of the band call u know nishaan and pukaar well he awsome i hve heard shallum too live and mikaal i wish u guys were der wen shallum and sunny played dey were awsome it wasnt a concert it shoud hve been one

2. saifee

saifee New Member

i hve bee a student of farooq (sunny) lead of the band call u know nishaan and pukaar well he awsome i hve heard shallum too live and mikaal i wish u guys were der wen shallum and sunny played dey were awsome it wasnt a concert it shoud hve been one i say he is good

3. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

4. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

Or visit this link to download his songs

[SNIP]

on this page, 5 songs are of his album "Signature" and two are Unreleased...

5. vikramk

vikramk New Member

I think bilal Maqsood From Strings is the BEST GUitarist in PAKISTAN.
    After that Joonun & Third place is Shallum Xeviar from FUZON.
    Billal hav eperformed excellent in Song Anjane Kyon & Duur

6. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

hey vikramk, read the whole thread carefully, bilal doesnot play in the songs, shallum does for strings

7. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

yh billal just learned how 2 play the guitar like last year or sumthin, i found out by this guy i know. shallum does all the riffs and solos for them

8. Xxtacy69

Xxtacy69 New Member

well, Salman Ahmed (from junoon) is the best guitar player in Pakistan, infact he is in world top 10. The rest r good too but come on letz not compare Salman Ahmed to the otherz cuz hez in the world top 10, when the other guyz reach tat position then we'll compare but so far Salman Ahmed is da best in Pakistan. And in my personal opinion atif aslam is not bad.

9. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I highly doubt that. In fact I'm willing to bet money that your claim is absolutely ridiculous and baseless. He may or may not be the best in Pakistan, but saying he's in the world top 10? What kind of foolhardy statement is that?

10. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

which group does xulfi play the guitar for if he even does xxctacy man guitarist like amir zaki faraz anwar mekaal hassan and shalllum hve all been there so alot of them are already at his status

11. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

wat the... atif aslam is a good guitarist ??thats actually a very funny observation !

12. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

who said tat????? they probably meant goher

13. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

The best guitarist...SALMAN

Hi dudes

well i would like to rate some of the guitarists
    (Technically ,Of course)..
    1. SALMAN AHMED
    hes the best guy
    PICKING
    hes got a real good picking on the acoustic....i ve seen him with acoustic in some on unplugged sessions ....
    hes got a real good rhythm
    CHORDS
    ;in most of the song he plays unconventional chords....
    COMPOSITIONS
    hes got hundreds of compositions 4 junoon ... i think no one hav done so much work on guitar as he did......
    for more than 18 Years
    Hes a very good composer and a musician
    LEAD GUITARIST
    well the Best lead guitarist....Probably first lead guitst. from PAKistan.......he palys colse to JIMI HENDRIX ....as he himself says that.....
    (well copyin a legend makes you a legend)

2 . Mekaal hassan

after salman hes very good lead guitarist
    he palys in the style of Eddie VAN HALEN

hes got nice speed n composition on lead guitar..
    But still he need Some MAinstream Exposure .........i think he should change his style from Classical one to westren Rock...

3. SHALLUM

hes is Nice Electric guitarist ...Like EDGE (u2).....
    got good control on Rhythm guitars....and Electric....
    well he doesnt plays LEAD som much...hes not a lead guitarist

OTHERS
    AMIR ZAKI
    well i ve heard abt this guy so much....but haven listened to him so much

BILAL MAQSOOD
    he really SUCKS cuz he always plays around sigle chord
    and few notes
    FARAZ

hes good lead guitarist ...... but not good rhythm guitarist

ZULFI .....is okay.....he needs improvement in lead...as he doesnt play so much of it.....

GOHER......Well im very impressed of this guy......Hes got very nice Picking ans strumming on guitars.......he needs some nourishment...hes good

TAUFFU....he palys acoustic in pakistani film music.....hes nice guitarist

ALI NOOR....Hes very good composer at lead and rhythm guitars...

14. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

luk composer wise i think gohers the best i mean listen 2 jal

lead guitarist are many in pakistan

one more thing wat bout bassist. the guy in AAROHS VIDEO 'NA KAHO' whose playin the bass wats his name and i also saw he plays for mizraab. he must be all tat playin for 2 groups

15. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

has every1 forgotton the great vital signs...i don't remember the name of the guitarist from vital signs...but let me tell you...he good play....he could kick some guitar ass...

16. Riz

Riz New Member

Asia's Best Guitarist.

hi guyz this is my first ever post in this forum !!!!

i rate Aamir Zaki the Bigest Guitarist of Asia ... you wanna know why ?then listen to the following track ... recorded in 1997, when he was giving live performance in channel [V] ...

https://www.bandbaja.org/issues/009/features/aamirzaki.php
    Download the first song "Mera Piyar (Live)" and listen to the lead in the end of the track ...

its been 8 years since that porformance... Now u can imagine that how mature and perfect he would have been now.
    his brand new album is on the verge of releasing. some of his awesome tracks already entered the media ...

this is only the glimpse of Aamir zakis work ... he has unreleased music enuf for almost 10 albums with him ... but unfortunately nobody want to release that just because he dont want to leave his style ... i hope that now u will figure out the differece between Aamir Zaki and other guitarists... if u are still in doubts come and join the following community.

The members of orkut can join Aamir Zaki's own community and can even talk to him ... just follow this link...

Aamir Zaki's Community

17. ijlal

ijlal The B chord

well u said it right riz..
    well Guitars are nothing without a FEEL...and the FEEL in amir zaki guitar is just amazing..Nabeel (Aaroh) and Salman also holds this ability...it looks that the notes are coming frm ur heart not from the guitar..
    Ocfourse ppl dont know abt Amir compostions very well...well i tell u some of them
    Aeitbar LIVE(junaid Jamshed)
    Teray Liyay LIVE(Junaid Jamshed)
    and ofcourse a must listen song
    Dil ki lagi ( Huma Khawaja) 3 solos in a song :shock: ...
    and if u wanna know whats the FEEL is listen to "You need that fire" by Amir Zaki..
    regards

18. Riz

Riz New Member

rightly said ... the feel and lovely composition makes the whole difference ...

19. Taifi

Taifi New Member

aamir zaki is the best.

20. mani_rawalpindi

mani_rawalpindi GUNS AND GUITARS

to me guys every guitarist has an special ability
    AND MIND IT GUYS WE DONT WANT BEST GUITARIST WE NEED BEST UNIT or band thats whats finally matters