Best music making software?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Super-Admin, May 22, 2007.

1. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

I am looking for some new music making softwares. Stuff that can make beat loops and a few effects and shit. Fruity loops is great any other software out there that you guys use to make music?

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Adobe Audition
    Cakewalk Sonar
    Sony Soundforge (limited to only one track - personally I hate this one, but many ppl seem to like it)
    Pro Tools (crappy because it requires specific hardware, anyway many feel it is overrated, but it is mnusic industry standard)
    I thinnk Steinberg Nuendo and Cubase are also there - but I have no idea about them + they are extremely pricey and bloated.

Cakewalk or Adobe would suit anyone to T.

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

what he said^

Never having used any of them, I hear good things about Adobe Auditions and Cubase (though cubase is expensive).

4. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Band-In-A-Box.

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

If you want to make good (professional) music, then yes Cubase Sx 3 is one of the best you can get, maybe the best, you can do (almost) everything with this prog. I use this prog for years now and i'm really happy about this prog.
    You can compose your song from the first note till the whole song is complete as you are able to use the inbuilt effects, but if you decide to use this prog i suggest to use the more professional effects, the many VST-plugins!
    Just search the many torrentsites for this prog and all the VST-plugins!

6. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

i use ADOBE AUDITION 2. preety cool.
    i'll also suggest AUDACITY.

7. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

I also use Adobe Audition (1.5 and 2.0), but this prog is for editing audio and mixing audio, but not for making and composing music.
    Btw, this is one of the best audio editing software!!!

8. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Hey thanks alot! I have never tried ADOBE AUDITION 2... i might after you guys praising it. cubase is an amazing music software i used to use it long ago will try it again. Is cubase is the one that requires alot of plugins?

9. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Yes it requires alot of VST-plugins, but it comes with a few standard plugins inbuilt! Its just what i said in my previous reply, if you want to use it in a more professional way, then i suggest to download some more (professional)plugins!

I don't know what computer you guys own, to use Cubase SX 3 the proper way it also requires a good PC, i own a P4 3.0 HT and i can do almost everything with my PC, i think the newer version computers, the Dual Core 2, will be more effective as you will be able to do your job in a better way. I also suggest a minimum memory of 1Gig, if you are going to use lots of VST-instruments and effects then 2Gig!!!

For those who wants to make good (professional) music, a good low latency soundcard is also a must, i own the M-Audio 1010LT, the M-Audio Audiophile is a very good alternative!

For more information about Cubase Sx 3, just visit the Steinberg forum site:
    https://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/

10. Super-Admin

Oh we have top of the range computers so no problem there. any sound card u recommend? we presently have creative X-Fi XtremeMusic soundcard.

11. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Just what i said in my previous reply, "i own the M-Audio 1010LT, the M-Audio Audiophile is a very good alternative"! And the Creative soundcards, as far as i know, these cards are very good for gamers and people who doesn't need professional sound but for people who wants to make professional music, i advice against this, please look for a "low latency card"!!!!
    I don't know where you live, but if its allowed for you to purchase in other countries, just take a look in this German online shop:
    https://www.musik-produktiv.de/(s(e...recording/computer-hardware/daw-hardware.aspx

Some times ago i bought my soundcard here, i live in the Netherlands so it wasn't a problem for me, this is a German online shop and its a reliable shop! Here you are able to see and compare the most professional soundcards!

Super-Admin likes this.
  12. Super-Admin

awesome!! I have a friend who deals in software will hit him up. reps for the help. :)

13. fat_kax

fat_kax Kickin Ass Since 1989 !

im dloadin band-in-a-box it better be good... lookin for any nice drum machines.... none of those semi-midi-hip-hop-shit kiddy packs... sumthin that sounds like a drum...???
    audacity for recording...

alpha1 likes this.
  14. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

You want something like a real drum, then you should go for Battery 3 Native Instruments, i think this is one of the best software drummachine i've ever heard. Another nice drummachine is Stylus RMX Spectrasonics and EZdrummer Toontrack is also a good alternative. These drumsynths has to be used with a sequencer, just like Cubase, Cakewalk etc.
    But i think, because the majority of you guys are guitarists, than Fruityloops is a very good drummachine as you are able to do alot more with this prog. For those who are thinking to compose their own music with more tracks, i then suggest above mentioned drumsynths, in combination with Cubase Sx 3, or another sequencer of your own choice!!

15. fat_kax

arrite, thanks keoraf.. willl try gettin me hands on them... to whomsoever it may concern itself; BAND IN A BOX IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT!!!

16. fat_kax

fudgies... i cant find a free dload of any of those anywhere... help?

17. fat_kax

shit i cant find a free dload of any of those anywhere,... help?

18. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Just search the many torrentsites!!

19. fat_kax

wat do u think i did... anyone got a valid reg id for fruityloops?

20. fat_kax

btw... u got a nice torrent, please please mail it to me... :(