Best Modern Day Guitarist(Post 90's)

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Iraqita_EP, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

Hey guys....we've bin having a lot of talk in this section about legendary guitarist from 70's,80's,etc
    Now i want to ask ur opinion on whose the best modern day guitarist..by dat i mean post 90's
    In my opinion its Tom Morello...former RATM and current Audioslave guitarist....the sounds he has managed to produce wid his guitar are just unbelievable.....and although he isnt known for his technique as much for his love for the whammy pedal....u hav got to admit that this guy has been on of the most revolutionary guitarist of the modern era.

2. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ Personally, I feel Tom Morello is overated. He has his own sorta style but most of the stuff he does has been done before....Its not really what I'd call revolutionary.

I dont think any guitarist from the 90's can be considered revelutionary.

However, having said that, there are alot of mainstream guitarists who are good.

John Frusciante from RHCP is one such example. He may not play very fast but has a unique style. And his solos are quite innovative. They dont suffer from the "lead guitarist is showing off so will everyone else please take a break syndrome"

Dave Baksh from Sum41 is pretty good too. His playing has a lot of energy and feel

Another guitarist to look out for is probably The guy from Crossfade.... their 1st album had potential.

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

One person I forgot to mention is Mark Tremonti. Although his technique might be limited, he has been one of the most influential guitarists of the decade. His work in Creed was pretty good (although towards the end everything started sounding the same).

I kinda like the stuff he does for Alter Bridge better than Creed. Although as a band they've had only limted sucess, the guitar work was a LOT better and had much more variety.

Altough Open Your Eyes may have been the crowd pleaser, songs like Metalingus, Broken Wings, In loving Memory and Burn It Down were pretty damn good.

Plus he has a Signature PRS!!!! What more do you want?

4. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^all the guitarists uv mentioned r good......but i feel in terms of innovation.....tom morello has to be up der wid da best.....its just my point of view.....

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

No

(rules)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.