Best Live Jamming Come As You Are

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Devilshly_Pur$, Apr 24, 2006.

1. RoMeO_Gguru, .:SpY_GaMe:. and vini like this.
  2. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

Definately tht was amazing... awesome guitaring n drums, however vocals shud hv been loud (tho he picked up nicely in the end).. alltogether tht was :rock: ... do tell who is on wat.. :beer:

3. thanks sachoo...well we tried to pick up the vocals but since the drums and guitar was too loud that he was unable to scream that much...so for now we thought let it be and will try in the next recording...

Vocals and Rhythm Guitar: Manoj
    Lead Guitar: Amit
    Drums: Me :rock:

thanks again...well i just want people to listen this recording cuz i think we tried our best.

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I didn't like it at all. The guitar was pretty bad. Your guitar is playing chords pretty much the way he would play them on an acoustic version of the song....you're not really supposed to strum the full chord or even if you do, your voicing isn't supposed to be the one it is. Did Amit just play the lead in between and nothing else?

Even the rythm of the song isn't that way. The pre-roll drumming is just silly on "memory" but okay-ish otherwise.

The vocals aren't bad but they're just not suited for this song...I think you'd do well to play songs that are suited to your vocalists voice instead.

Pleasant to see some activity here and I hope you'll do a better job next time.

5. well...u r right to some extent but playing like a band in a single room with just one mic... can do just like this...amit just played the lead...one more thing actually we don’t have a full time singer in our band right now... i am not saying that we did the best come as you are... but i don’t think that on IGT nebody has posted the CAYR with full band...

Thanks for giving your valuable feedback bjr... it values...

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't think there's any point being a one-eyed king in the land of the blind....and trust me, as far as lands of the blind go there's not much blinder than IGT so try not to judge your quality by the quality of musicians here.

You're getting me wrong. I'm not complaining about the recording quality or the seriousness with which its done....the guitarist was just playing the song completely wrong and I don't think that could be improved just by switching from a room to a studio. That is what is sorta bothering me about the recording. That and your drumming just before the big roll.

That does not mean I want you to stop posting recordings or anything....

7. 38 views and only 2 replies...cmon guys....give me some feedback....

8. @bjr..ok ok...got it...i just noticed that the chord which manoj is playing are played just like accoustic..got it....i will keep that in mind in the next recording...

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Frankly I found taht Adat one better.
    The acoustic guitar on that did a pretty good job of keeping rhythm.
    The vocals on that song were loud, but it was unable to attain higher pitches.

The "CAYR" didnt have any bass. Bass is more important in this song than guitars.
    What about distortion? There was no distortion in the bridge section -
    "And I swear
    That I don’t have a gun
    No I don’t have a gun
    No I don’t have a gun"

10. vini

vini Repeat Offender

about the sound levels..i think if uL do a studio recording or with mixers and all...it would take care of the sound levels..like drum was too loud in comparison and vocals too low and all such things!

anyways i liked it...commendable effort!!
    loved the guitaring!!.. Reps for sure! keep practising y'all

11. @alpha1 ya we were also thinking that we need a bass guitarist to give some feel. but since we are only three and missing a full time singer and a bass guitarist.

@vini thanks... nice to hear good comments from senior members...ya drums was a bit louder but we dont have ne permanent jamming place...its a home recording with one mic for all....we are planning to rent a place for jamming..

and yes thanks for the reps...

12. vini

vini Repeat Offender

im sure u guys can do wonders if u become more organised..even if not a place for jamming..but organise the gear formally..like u said 1 mic for all..that is the bone of contention..hehe...anyways..all the best..do good

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ In that case your guitarist should pick bass till you find a bassist.

Strictly speaking you CANNOT form a live plugged band without percussions and bass.

Ofcourse If you are looking for unplugged one then only one acoustic guitar might suffice ;)

14. ^ well alpha1 how about u join our band as bass guiarist...hilla denge subko ;)

and yes for the members...we are going for next jamming on 26..so we are planning to play either nothin else matters or turn the page..give me the choice but dont forget this recording is still alive and i havnt got that much comments...inspite itne saare views...

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OK as a bass player I will put down my conditions:
    1. During gigs, I get to do atleast one bass solo for 5 minutes
    2. After gigs all the groupies (and other girls) shall be with me
    3. We will play jazz and Blues, where I get a cance to improvise. Some rock n roll is OK though.
    4. Absoltely no metal.
    5. I will use distortion and Wah on bass, if we are playing Rock music.

16. I think nirvana is not that much popular on this site...got more than 80 views but replies only by 4 members....:cry2: :cry1:

thanks SpY_GaMe for reps..

17. max_payne16

max_payne16 New Member

superb
    i would wana be thr for next session
    buddy whr r u frm??

18. max_payne16

max_payne16 New Member

hey

its not like tht
    it happns with me too
    i chk sum song n thn i close tht page n forget to reply
    but ur cover made me open it again n reply
    keep it up
    nice work!!

19. sachoo

sachoo drenched in my pain again

n u also rock max dude :beer: .... real nice guitaring..

no heart feeling devlishy if least of them comment.. :beer:

20. @max_payne16 thanks buddy... ya netime...i know u r from Mumbai... and thanks again for coming back for giving reply...

@sachoo dude....its always encouraging that people are hearing your stuff and commenting so that u will know whether u played right or not..Only for that reason i need replies....u were the first one thanks again buddy...