Best Ibanez under $700

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Johny Bravo, May 31, 2006.

1. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

jocelyn's right dude .. no need to take it too seriously , it happens all the while here :s

2. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Well i guess I certainly need to get used to this place.

@alpha: Dude why do u stick to the extreme conclusions?? Anyhow, do whatever u wanna do to whichever thread or topic. Wont complain again. And abt my title, well u need to watch cartoon network more often :p Peace all.

3. Les Carlo

Les Carlo New Member

Why don't you try IBANEZ RG series, don't go for the Artist one's go for regular.

4. Les Carlo

Les Carlo New Member

Why dont you try the RG series IBANEZ go for regular Rg's not artist series

5. Johny Bravo

^^ Thanks for ur reply man, and welcome to IGT. Well I have explored the whole Ibanez range now, and ur kinda late for the post now. Now I am looking at stuff outside Ibanez. Rock on.

6. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^ Looks like someone finally knocked some sense into u :beer:

You cant really go wrong with a Schecter.... The C1 FR Or the C1 Hellraiser FR should be good for u. If u dont mind the sad inlays, the C1 Exotic/Classic are also worth takin a look at imo.

Other than that...... hmmmm you may wanna chk out some Godins ...the Freeway series comes to mind but i'm not sure whether they have 24 frets.

The midrange Jacksons are pretty good too.

7. Johny Bravo

^^ He he yea its sumthing like that...

But I tried the Schecter C1 Classic. Found it somewhere. It sounded typical metal guitar. Too harsh for my taste. I need something more versatile. More rock oriented (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin etc.) On the other hand, i checked out Ibanez JS1000, and loved its tone. Beautiful low end with screaming high end. Kinda worked for me. Maybe i'll grab it. Im not sure if something wud have changed in Schecter FR series.

Also im thinking now to grab a Fender Strat, and get used to the electric guitar, and then upgrade, seeing which type suits me better. Plz clarify, its the Fender Stratocaster Standard that is famous right? I mean its abt $400, a beginner guitar's price, and almost every player in the world owns one (with custom mods of course), but in the core, its that very strat right?

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ The C1 classic sounded too harsh??? It has a SD JB/Jazz pups which I feel are VERY versatile.

The C1 FR doesnt have the original SD's, it has the Duncan Designed pups so it should sound a lil different.

$400 for a beginner guitar??? maaan u must be loaded.

Anyways, there are many different types of strats. Most of them are famous. The American Fender Stratocaster Standard is sorta the standard model. Most of the variations are built on this basic design.

However the strat is a very different beast compared to the other guitars mentioned in this thread. Most importantly it has Single Coils, not HB's which means you need to have a much cleaner technique.
    Oh and its NOT suited for high gain metal but for rock...it serves the purpose.

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

When you say Standard Strat or Standard Tele, it's the Mexican series which comes for about $369. The cheapest American Strat series is the Highway series.

10. Johny Bravo

Lolz man, im not a rich-son-of-a-bich, its just that u cannot expect something worthwhile below that price. I have tried out some, so I know. Sorry I shud have said intermediate guitar, beginner wudn't know a PRS from a Givson lolz... As for the C1 Classic, hmm well I dunno wht was with it. It didn't click to me. I really really loved the JS100 (sorry, mistake above) and its probable i'll get that.

@ronnie: Thanks dude for tht Mexican clue. I'll look for an American strat now. Can u tell me which is the best-value-for-money American strat, while staying around $500?

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I dont think u'll get a new american strat for that much

12. Johny Bravo

Thats good then, im not a Fender fan anyways, and definitely not a Strat fan. And this is another good reason to walk past the Strat. I guess either i'll get an Ibanez JS100, or an Ibanez RG2550 Prestige (yea im still wandering in Ibanez land.. :) ) So far these two guitars have caught my fancy. Dont know about the future though. I'll see if I can find any Schecters around here. Heard some good words abt it from other places.

13. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

johny dude whenever u buy one , post its pics .. and ur reviews abt it ..
    im getting more n more intersted in ibanez' :)