Best Ibanez under $700

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Johny Bravo, May 31, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Hmmm, so its like a Parker Pen? :grin:

2. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

i read on the internet that the ibanez rg2550e was for 779 dollars

3. cronix

cronix New Member

Are the parker guitars available anywhere in India..... if yes then how much do they cost(must be a lot):help:

4. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

For under $700 you can get a really good ibanez (floating bridge models or the fixed bridge models)
    1) Ibanez SZ720FM Electric Guitar
    2) Ibanez S470DXQM Electric Guitar
    3) Ibanez RGT42DXBP Electric Guitar

And dont listen to all the noobs who think the ibanez neck sucks. I happen to own one(unlike the retards who just comment ;) ) and I think the necks ****in rule!!

5. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

i dont think they are available in india..

6. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

im talking about parkers

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Ibanez necks are pretty comfortable. Just that they sound like crap....Too thin and lifeless. It somehow sounds like a stretched rubber band..Most Ibanez using artists rely on tons of sound processing equipments. With a Fender or a Gibson, you can even go straight to the amp and still have a killer tone..Gary Moore, Slash, etc....

8. chintan9

This is total bullshit. Actually any guitar with jumbo frets requires precise and clean playing(not only a parker). You make a noob play on a parker and an Ibanez and you will see that he needs to be more precise on an Ibanez than on the Parker. Thats why most amateurs prefer standard frets to jumbos.

9. ronnieanand

A Good Product talks for itself....You dont need stupid endorsements and fake labels...Like labelling the brand name on a different guitar.....And you think Steve Vai's main guitar is made by Ibanez...

10. Double Click

Double Click New Member

errrr..... hehe ..isnt it?:Worried:

And yes, I dont like Ibanez necks. Although the Prestige models are quite decent.

11. chintan9

Ibanez tone is too thin and lifeless???? hahaha I suggest you rephrase that cause you cant base your opinion by just playing one or two models of Ibanez. There are some models of Ibanez ,Fender ,Parker ,Gibson that suck and there are some that rule. Lets leave it at that. Just cause you happen to play the worst models of Ibanez it doesnt mean they suck.

12. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

which gibson model sucks??

13. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

so which fender sucks?

14. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

also which fender sucks?

15. chintan9

Dude this is nothing even closely related to endorsements and fake labels. Lets please keep production and distribution separated. Right now we are talking about production so dont bring distribution into it.

16. ronnieanand

You need to play a Parker before talking about it...You bring any jumbo fret Ibanez and I will show you how precise Parker can get...Since you too live in Bangalore, prove it and then talk....You bring any damn Ibanez and I will play the Parker through the same setup as you play your Ibanez. You haven't even played a Parker and then dont make comments like a n00b...

17. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Lesson no:1 Dont diss ronnie's Parker ;)

18. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

man ronnie's gettin angry

19. ronnieanand

And jumbo frets need not give you great precision. Advantage of Jumbo Frets is it tries to emulate this Scallopped Fretboard. Jumbo Frets or scalopped can be fretted with very light touches which can enable you to play fast without much effort. First understand why Jumbo Frets and then you can talk about it...

Another there are more noobs in this world who use Jumbo frets than anything else...Since Ibanez RG is most popular among noobs, it also says noobs prefer jumbo frets.

I think you are blindly arguing...

You are a good player but that doesn't mean you talk make baseless statements...

20. chintan9

Dude how did you assume I have never played on a Parker?? And for your kind information I have also played on your Parker too.

Dude everyone knows for a fact that jumbo frets require MUCH more precision than standard frets. Its a basic principle!!! And yes it enables you to play faster but dont u understand that the faster you play the tougher it is to control.

A new guitar always requires time to get used to. The reason you think your parker requires precision is because you still havent really got used to it!!