Best Ibanez under $700

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Johny Bravo, May 31, 2006.

1. Johny Bravo

Johny Bravo The Boy Genius!

Hi guyz

I wanna buy a new electric guitar. Being playing acoustic for about a year, now I wanna get in the deep stuff. I got $700 and I want to know which Ibanez is the best bang for the buck in this price range.

I hate Les Paul shape, so plz dont suggest those.

Strats, well I dont like their looks either. Too broad bodies.

Tele, shape too 80ish.

I have only tried LPs from the lot, and tone was okay to my taste, but not exactly what I want. So the competition drops down to Ibanezes & Jacksons.
    Plz stick to international brands, as Im gonna get it from the states.

I play variety of stuff. From soft melo to rock, might get into a bit of shredding too. I like really fast actions & necks. Whammy is also needed. 24 frets preferred. Refrain from scalloped necks, too hard to control.

Ibanezes are known to be more multi-purpose guitars than others. Jacksons are more like for shredding. Dunno enough abt Yamaha etc. So plz suggest something good. I am not going to upgrade after this, so plz gimme something thts gonna last. Thanks

2. Johny Bravo

Wake up ppl... Duznt anyone know ANYTHING???

3. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

Ibanez RG2550e
    check out its review on ultimate-guitar.com

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:shock:
    Where did you get that info?

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Schecter C1 Classic. It doesn't have a Whammy but it's almost a world class instrument. Plus the Seymour Duncan Pickups are a big bonus. Best bet for less than $700. Have a look at it and you will get bowled over...

6. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

dude are you gonna hang the guitar on the wall or rather play it ??
    your obviously going for looks and Ibanez's arent "Multi Purpose Guitars " , their just good for metal and their necks are horrible ( it feels like your playing on plastic Natraj Scale )

7. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

+1 to Alphons and Aplha1
    Dude where did you get all that info....Ibanez are defintly not multipurpose.. And how come you find the TELE to 80 ish... ? Tele was the first Solid body guitar to go into Prodution... So incfact it is the most retro.. from that point of view infact it is 60ish . And infact Ibanez along with Jackson is more 80ish .... IMO Ibanez neck profiles are also meant for Shred..... I am not a fan of Ibanez, but I am not trying to slam them here either.. Just trying to tell you to look outside Ibanez for what you want.
    Look around yopu will find something realy good maybe even cheaper if your budget is 700$...

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

:RollLol:
    Not that bad.

9. ronnieanand

Okay....Camlin Plastic Scale....A Scale is a Scale...

10. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

There was an Ibanez model I realy liked... its a pity Ibanze dose not produce it any more.. It was called the Tallman.. actauly it was the TALMAN series.. Ibanez still has a Tallman series.. but those are accoustics... and not the solid body ones whihc thay had first introduced... Those original Talman guitars were nice. The Talman accosutics are also nice ( at least I hear they are good.)

11. Shredder

Shredder New Member

why not have a look at the ESP range ?

12. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Take a look at the Schecters. esp the C1 series. The C1 FR has a whammy. you could also try the C1 Hellraiser.

@ronnie - How come you never recommend Parker's to anyone?

13. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

hes into 'soft melo to rock'...and thinking of jacksons?
    i agree with the guys above...ibanez 6 string guitars dont appeal to me a lot except for the vai's JEM series (which are really good imo). but thats you whos gonna play..its upto u. i think the strats and the les pauls are the best options for ur style AND they are really beautiful even if they are very common! trust me on this.

14. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Exactly a Fat strat or a FAT strat style will work well with a Floyd if he realy wants a floyd...For the style he wants it for....IMO...

15. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

abhey its Alfons !! :mad:

16. Johny Bravo

Hey wht about Jackson DKMG DInkys? I hear they are pretty good. Any bad reviews?

Im sorry wht I said was more like as Im gonna hang the guitar on the wall. No its not goona be like that, but I need something that looks good too along with working well. LP shape, well even though the sound is alright, doesnt quite click with me. I dunno why, but its as it is. I kinda like the Ibanez shape. And if I dont like my guitar, how am I gonna get obsessed with it???

Someone said RG2550E. Its review says its around $1000. I aint got that much dough brotha!

U cannot exactly categorise a company for a specific style, like I said before abt Jacksons. Look at Yngwie Malmstreem. Hez using Strat to shred, while its more of a Jazz & clean tone guitar than a shred-inclined one.

ESPs? which model? U cannot tell abt the quality of a guitar by its price tag & picture. Gimme models.

Thanks for the feedback till yet ppl. Keep it coming. This is quite an active place. Nice to be here. Bye

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well to tell you the truth, the concept of a particular guitar suiting a particular style is vaild only to a certain extent.

But by far the real reason is that the guitar players who are popular/famous/accomplished make the real difference.

Eg had this Malsteen fellow arrived at scene 40-50 years ago, everyone would've hailed Stratocaster as Shredder's machine.
    And had teh LP's come with single coil, everyone would've started associating LPs with twangyness and bluesy tone.

LOL, and do you know why Malmsteen actually chose Stratocaster?
    Thats because his guitar heros - Jimi Hendrix and Ritchie Blackmore used em.
    As you can see Stratocaster has been used by three quite different styles.

That actually makes a statement that get a good guitar that YOU ARE COMFORTABLE with.
    And you can play ANY style on it.

Doesn't make any diff.

18. ronnieanand

I have a stupid mobile phone with me....Can I use it to play ANY style on it....

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Guitar not Mobile phone. :p:
    Hey Alphonso is quite tasty (but overrated hence overpriced) mango!

20. ronnieanand

Parker is a very sophisticated instrument and the tones are very precise. If the playing is not very precise and clean, dont touch a Parker. It easily beats any of the guitars I have played till date. So for Parker, know your skill level and then get one...It surely is not a learning instrument.