Best Guitarist Hit List ....

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by bob-bobby, Aug 20, 2004.

1. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Concerning the Iron maiden issue...

To clarify, when Adrian returned to the band, instead of putting one of the three as reserve (people would have thought Janick would be the one), the band decided to do a novel thing and went with all three guitarists. So instead of the regular Maiden twin attack (Murray-Smith, Murray-gers) we got a triple attack of all three and Brave New World was the product... we all know what a success it is.

Basically all three play both rhythm and lead...

2. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

ur right...but is Adrian still playing with em..i recall that he joined them for Brave New World...but was that not for the album alone...i could be wrong though..thanks for the info...

3. esgallindeion

Anyway, Adrian's leads are more melodic. Murray is more technical and strong whereas Gers is something more dynamic. I tend to prefer adrian's leads generally.

4. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

ditto...thats my impression tooo.....

5. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Adrian is my Fav too.. Murray kind of is Dull.. I like Alexi's leads a lot..

6. esgallindeion

I wouldn't call Murray dull... His solos are more complex and technical, and serves as a perfect follow up to adrian's melodic licks.

7. jayanth

I would some how find Jason Becker and Adrian Smith a better combinataion.. If that could ever happen, It would be amazing..

8. Zaya

Zaya New Member

damn i neva heard of any of these people! i feel like such a nooblette!

9. tejas

tejas ..........

Don't worry Zaya. There is always time to learn. Everyone goes through this phase.

10. jayanth

And Essi What about Michael Romeo??

11. esgallindeion

I find it surprising that so few Indians have heard of him. Romeo is undoubtedly one the best guitarists of the current era. He's the guitarist of Symphony X, for those who don't know.

12. jayanth

Yhea man.. I played Looking Throug The Glass Part 1 thru 3 The other day at a show.. It blew everyones mind away.. Cause they couldnt imagine that such music could exist..

13. Zaya

Zaya New Member

thanks man, now i dont feel sooo much like a newb but i know i still am. ill get really good though. just wait i really love my guitar.

14. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

mikey romeo is GOOD.

15. jayanth

Anybody else who cover Symphony X??

16. Cant Really Give These Guys Ranks But Here Are My Fav. Guitarists Not Necessarily In Order
    Yjm,steve Morse,kirk Hammett,steve Vai,mark Knopfler,dimebag,marty Friedman,eric Johnson...........and The List Goes On..

17. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

hey guys, i just got into rock recently...the first band i listen to was metallica and then there was no turning back.

1.Marty Friedman.*Megadeth
    2.Janick for Iron Maiden.
    3.Kirk Hammet.*Metallica * you cannot forget fade to black solo.
    4.Kerry KIng. *Slayer * listen to the album "God Hates Us All"
    5.DAve Murray* Iron Maiden

if 6 were there.....it would Jeff Hanneman from slayer....he has amazing composition.
    sorry, no old guys in my list whom my forefathers use to listen...but i do like to hear them.

18. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

Hey GN'R Lies your not alone.

Slash - some of the best lead riffs in guitar i have ever heard
    Izzy Stradlin - Cant forget Pretty Tied Up and Dont Cry
    Tom Morello - when with RATM
    Angus Young - Noone said Angus! this guy is the shit!
    Lynyrd Skynyrd's Rickey Medlocke -

19. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

jimi page is my fav.

but wut can u say abt JIMI HENDRIX

20. jayanth

@ Fictional Real : - Marty Rules....