Best Guitar For Metal And Blues And Rock (All) Between These

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by pranavgautam67, Nov 18, 2012.

1. pranavgautam67

pranavgautam67 New Member

Bc Rich Beast V - not avail. - 20,500 - not avail.
    Greg Bennett IC30 - 20,200 - not avail. - 13,000
    Ibanez GRGR011LTD - 22,000 - not avail. - 19,800
    Greg Bennet AV6 - 24,500 - not avail. - 16,000

The three prices are actually Of Bajaao, Rajmusicals And Furtados respectively..

Now, the question is which of them is best for both metal and blues??
    IMO, bc rich wont be able to do blues much good..
    And now, between the other three guitars, which one would u suggest me ??

PS: Im buying a Ibanez Mustang II. According to the reviews, it would be good for both metal and blues (as far as i have seen). Actually ill try these out when i will go to the shop..
    Do you think this amp will be able to do both sounds? or i should go for vox or roland?

2. pranavgautam67

No one.
    -_-

3. mystique666

mystique666 New Member

Among these, get the AV 6 mann! We just got it from furtados on 10th NOV. Amazing tone and build quality, we compared it with epiphone LP100, few ibanez gio and LTDs...for playing blues and to get a good metal tone u need a good tone wood and that is : Mahogany...AV 6 has mahogany with set neck construction and the Duncan designed pickups power it! the neck feels awesome...don't think its les paul shape so the neck wud be like a baseball bat.. :p its ****in slim, better than epi's LP 100!! lighter than regular les paul (even than AV3 ...). For drop tunning put some 11s gauge and it roars out of the amp almost similar to whatever bands you play (off course u need to set ur patch ryt :p) I guess its now back to 24k price tag, 16k was discounted price on diwali eve! :)

4. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

@pranavgautam67 Ye Kiddin'??

AV6 Anyday...

5. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

And yeah, the BC Rich and the Gio are crap...

Never tried the IC30 so can't review...

6. saurabh.kishore

saurabh.kishore New Member

AV6 at 16k is just a steal.. go for it..

7. pranavgautam67

Thank you guys.Love you for the help.
    Going for av6... And are u guys sure it will do good metal with mustang II ?

8. saurabh.kishore

saurabh.kishore New Member

I have a Mustang 1 and a Fender strat, although I don't play Metal, but can vouch that Mustang's are definitely nice Amp's.. specially when you start to play with Fuse Software and also u can record directly from the AMP.

You won't go wrong with the Mustang's and AV6..

Although there may be many here giving Laney Spider a preference here for Metal, however I think with the Fuse software and ability to record and even the tones Mustang wins hands down.

9. pranavgautam67

Thanks Saurabh kishore :)

10. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I have a peavey vypyr 75 and it kicks ass in metal. I have a review of it with sound clips just search in this forum it must be there somewhere(or you can go via my profile). And as for guitar ibanez s570b does exactly what you say. Metal and everything in between but it is a little expensive now. The vypyr 30 watt version and the 75 are the same except the 75 also has a usb recording interface built in and ofcourse the 75 is louder. Also there are settings available for almost all major band sounds at Vypyr Settings. The WYSIWYG interface of vypyr works really well.

11. pranavgautam67

I know peavey 30 will do great metal. But i have played it and i personally just dont like it for its clean sounds..
    I think mustang will be Ok for both. :D

12. pranavgautam67

Guys,
    Will whammy pedal's by digitech work with mustang ii?

13. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

mustang II will be good for cleans...if possible buy an ibanez ts9 and a boss mt2 pedal with a cheap amp which doesnt colour the tone...peavey vypyr is good for rock and blues too...you might try out roland cube 40xl though

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

First of all get this shit purged from your mind that Guitar X is suitable for Genre Y.
    Each guitar can do justice to all genres.

The only problem comes for ultra death metchul chugging which relies heavily on active pickups.
    Single coil guitar won't work as good for chugging.

Second, stand with the guitar and play for at least 1/2 hour.
    Then do the same sitting down.

The guitar which is comfortable to you is the one that will play your genre the best.
    Don't pay extra for crap ideas like Mahogany/Maple wood is best for heavy tones, Alder for bright tones etc.
    If you read around luthiers forums, they make fun of folks who are still into voodoo stuff like tone woods.

Anyway, since the thread is 1 month old, can you let us know what you bought?