best guide award

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by rabi_sultan, Oct 7, 2004.

1. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

you should give out 1000 points for the people who make the best guides and help the most. So every month you give the award to someone :think:

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

1000 is less >>>>> make it 5000 ,... sounds good to me ,...

3. basically i couldnt understand what the points were for ??

4. bob-bobby

5. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

We shall Look into thuis.. BUt how do we decide.. And also we have the rep for it.. YOu give reps to teh best guide..

6. rabi_sultan

if the "rep" is the best guide then how the hell am i still stuck on a single point and bobby on loads? im not comparing or complaining or whining but i post much more than bobby does in the Q&A sections (bobby spends it in the lounge, he is king lizard after all :p) yet the "rep" would indicate that he is miles better than me (which is not true bobby ;)) so i would say that no rep is not being useful. There are others as well like raj, essi, you (jay), 6string, ronnieanand and others who help out constantly but dont get any rep for it. If you want to do rep then let ppl make posotive rep for others more than once and not "spread some reputation around before giving it to xyz."

I think a points system might make other posters visit those forums and have a incentive to post, as for deciding im sure you, essi, raj and neo can decide over it.

7. bob-bobby

I Am Good Maen :)

8. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

rabi, ur rite..

9. jayanth

@ Rabi:- Your suggestion has been taken into account and is being really worked on.. By that i mean.. THere are loads of ideas flowing in..

Another thing @ Bobby:- THat is not helping the thread.. CONTROL UNWANTED POSTING..

10. rabi_sultan

one further thing i would suggest is during the selection process on who gets the award it should be done by the moderation team and not on public vote, then it just becomes a popularity contest and the quality of the guides would suffer because we'd have 'favourites' winning instead even if it is half-baked advice. The selection should be made private from the moderators who should be willing to accept bribes :p

11. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

12. jayanth

@Rabi - We Mods and Admins have discussed upon the aspect of The quality. I guess htat thread will explain it all..