Best Electric under 20k

Discussion in 'Misc Musical Instruments' started by les_paul, Jul 28, 2009.

1. les_paul

les_paul New Member

Hi,
    I want to buy an electric guitar, les paul shape (nothing else will do) for Metallica sound (possibly with active pick-ups). I have set my budget around 20k.
    Currently I am looking at LTD EC-100, Cort EVL Z4 and Ibanez ART 120. Please suggest a guitar (need not be from this list)

Thanks

2. jujujosua

jujujosua New Member

I opt art120

hey, please tell me where to buy the guitar Ibanez art120.. I don t find one in my city(coimbatore,tamilnadu)...please pal, its urgent.

3. les_paul

les_paul New Member

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Huh, where did you get hold of that site - 20north?

5. les_paul

les_paul New Member

Someone mentioned it somewhere on the "Ultimate guitar forums" ..... however I don't know about the credibility of this site ..... if that's what you want to know ..

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Well I have been seeing its name popping up on many audiophile forums also.
    No idea about credibility.

7. les_paul

les_paul New Member

Has anyone ever ordered something from 20north ... I cancelled my plans to get Ibanez ART 300 and got LTD EC 200 QM instead.

Ibanez is a weird company .. why wouldn't they supply one of their axe in some countries ?

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

how much did you bought it(LTD EC 200 QM) for ?

9. les_paul

les_paul New Member

LTD EC 200 QM cost

LTD EC 200 QM retails for 26200 at Furtados, Pune.

They had 15% off on all ESP guitars in Sep so around 22,200.

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

did you tried EVL-Z4.. here all shops are out of stock.. i cant get my hand on it .. :(

11. les_paul

les_paul New Member

Cort EVL Z4

Well I don't think you would be able to get your hands on EVL Z4 or even 200 QM for that matter. Market for guitar is very small in India and it is very difficult to find any guitar above 15k for displays and Cort is very low volume and underrated here.

The best thing you can do is to check the harmony central and youtube reviews of the guitar and take your chances.... I did the same with my 200QM ...order and just hope for the best .. :)

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i checked out all that.. reviews are mostly good only.. but somebody in this forum mentioned that every Cort guitar is different in tone.. if i order it from some shop then i ve to buy it whether i like it or not.. which is kinda risky.. anyways i'm getting it at 19k .. is it worth it?

13. metalmickey

metalmickey New Member

dude stop askin questions n go ahead n buy it...ive been seein your same question everywer.....if you are confused go ahead n buy a ibanez or greg bennet.........they are like standard...atlst ibanez is!........

14. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

yes i'm confused... and who's not... 20k is not a small amount... and then wat is this forum for ???? Its for ppl like us.. like me..

15. les_paul

les_paul New Member

I personally feel Cort is more bluesy in tone ....
    If you want to play metal go for ltd ec200qm .. or one more option that I saw recently ... Jackson JS35KE kelly ... (it also comes for around 20k)

16. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Cort EVL Z4 is my favorite. It has got awesome sustain due to it's EMG pups and a very nice look too! I tested the model in various shops. It sounded awesome everytime! I suggest you to go for it without thinking too much.

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

hey
    Thanks buddy
    Now yesterday i got a msg from a guy... He's selling off his 10 months old Ibanez S Series S470 Electric Guitar for 25k. its a Joe Satriani JS signature series.. At bajaao its at 30200.
    How bout this offer???

18. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

but that exceeds ur budget isn't it? CHeck the guitar for intonation problems. How come someone sell his JS series guitar? :shock:

19. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

ya it exceeds my budget.. till now i haven't heard from that guy also.. i was thinking bout bargaining it for around 20k if he is willing.. bajaao quotes 2-3k extra for guitars in this range.. lets see. its jus an option..

20. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

@Sugata... regarding Z4

Where do u put up btw? Here in b'lore no shop has this guitar in stock.. i hav to order it then they'll get it in a weeks time... i mean i cant try it out..