Best Electric Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Orange Guitar, Mar 6, 2005.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

dude....am a hardcore LP supporter here...read my oldest posts if u dont blive me...but please please....dont go for special 2..
    its crap
    at least try LP100...that is a cool guitar...or else..go for ibanez man.........

2. golisoda

golisoda Comfortably Numb

Can someone explain the diff in LP s, I see a big range of epiphone LPs but when I look at features they dont seem to have a big change.

3. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

look when ur saying custom epis in pak - it means copies of it by local luthiers - thats wat i suggest - if ur getting a guitar from pak - for gods sake dont go buy a ready built one - awit for the 2 months till take to build you a guitar - but itll e woerth it - trdu me - u can take exactly wat u need and that in the price u need- im sure almost ever1 here would agree - with ur rpcie range - it s probably the best thing to do...

4. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

Sooooo! all i hv 2 do is order an unknown electric guitar....no1 can satisfy me.....DrSaurabh! how can u say that Lp spec.2 is crap?...explain....?

5. Orange Guitar

IBANEZ GUITARS!!!!!!!!!!!!hmmmm...... post model no...i'll check it!

6. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ok..epiphone Les paul special II
    Single cutaway
    dot inlays
    alder mahogany body
    1V and 1T
    open coil humbuckers 2
    rosewood mahaogany neck

OK..for starters the finishing aint that good, it is pretty crude..that isnt the kinda finsihing u wud expect in a epiphone or any branded guitar....the weight and all are evenly distributed...but asides the LP shape, its got nothin LPish...no trapezoid inlays, not even the LP signiture on the stock...that u can live without...there have been known problems with the jack and the pick up selector...and the strap nut..WILL come loose...
    basically the construction itself aint that great
    the tuners arent grovers...so dont expect it to stay in tune forever.....add to that the bolt on neck...
    the PUPs are good for heavy music...and relatively that is the best part of this guitar...
    the sustain is pretty low too.....
    if u ready to finish the neck a bit urself..and ok with the nuts and jacks coming loose..then go for it...if u r a hardcoreb beginer and have the money to spend go for it

7. shak

shak Harrr!

epi lp 2 ... is a disgrace

8. Orange Guitar

then shld i go for ibanez?

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

the lower end ibanez guitars are to say the best decent...if u can put in a bit more...u could go for an Lp-100 or the best budget choice would be epi Les Paul studio...it has the best of both worlds, has all the LP features minus the frills(read: trapezoid inlays and the huge price).
    it has a set neck, and grover tuners hot PUPs,, chek it our here
    https://epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=43&CollectionID=6

10. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

loool BC RICH Mockingbird...the NJ series

11. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

before everyone starts setting up the price i have to ask this question first.

Orange how SERIOUS are you about playing the guitar? how many hours a day do you play and how far ahead are you into music?

12. Orange Guitar

man i am a guitar crazy!!!!!2 hrs i think in a day!!!! want 2 b pro....(coz i play really well in this young age :) )

13. Orange Guitar

got Ibanez....wil purchase it tommorow!!!!

14. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

which one????????

15. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

post a pic when you get it

16. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

If you think only for 2 hours in a day, the rest of the 22 hours a day, you dont think anything at all. :shock:

17. Orange Guitar

i m goin 2 purchase Ibanez (i'll tell u abt the model later)....i also got other things 2 do in 24 hrs.....u can say abt 2-4 hrs for guitar...i dont count seconds while playing!! :)

18. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

^^^ from which shop ? n wut price ?

19. Orange Guitar

guitar wrld...liberty...price is 18k....astonishing isn't it!!!! but a very very good guitar...they will bring me a new piece in 1 week...model is...........