Best Electric Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Orange Guitar, Mar 6, 2005.

1. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

yeah do as ronnieanand said the models your after are either a Les Paul or a Fat Strat.

Some examples of the two:
    Fat Strats:
    https://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0114800750
    https://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0111700320

Les Paul:
    https://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=44&CollectionID=6
    https://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=51&CollectionID=6

thats the guitar models you want. the manufacturer is what you need to decide next.

What I mean by that. its simple really Stratocaster is the model. The manufacturers of the stratocaster are MANY. The original however is Fender everything else in that regard is a fake, however depending on the manufacturer of the fake Strat you can still get excellent built ones as well. For instance a Samick strat is not going to be a good strat, but a Yamaha strat would be good - although not as good as the original ;)

The same goes for Les Paul, the original manufacturer of Les Paul is Gibson. Epiphone makes excellent copies of these. I say copies because they are built under license from Gibson.

2. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

I think .... simple strats r better...jimmy n' erric played these guitars!

3. Orange Guitar

Man I love fender. Highway 1™ Stratocaster HSS is an old 1. The other 1 is good. Whr is the price. It is nowhere in the site.

4. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

wut abt IBANEz ???
    actually i ve seen great guitarist like
    Van halen
    steve Vai
    Joe satriani....etc

playing this guitar

5. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well i dont know abt the Gears n pedals
    do all guitars sound same when played with pedals?/
    can any body tell ??

6. Orange Guitar

Oh yaarr!Tell me wht shld i buy! fender or ibanez???

7. Orange Guitar

Oh yaarr!Tell me wht shld i buy! fender or ibanez??? My budget is 20k-24k....lp guitars r very costly around 50k n' onwards....!!

8. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

i suggest Fender
    its around 30 k ...with its Amp...

9. rabi_sultan

i cant suggest price wise because i'm not in Pakistan/India.

In anycase you might want to read up on Fender first in the Guitar Buying Guide (in Beginners Q&A Forum).

As for Ibanez its a good guitar for metal music. Fender is not a good guitar for metal. However if its Blues and classic rock then i HIGHLY recommend a Fender. If you don't want the crisp clean sound of the Fender and want a slightly bit more tone then its Gibson time.

10. Orange Guitar

I am getting a fender....thanx 2 all who guided me 2 but the best .... THANX!!!

11. rabi_sultan

yeah well make sure you realise that the Fender range is from best to worst:

Custom USA
    USA Deluxe/Special
    Custom Japanese
    USA
    Japanese
    Standard (Mexican)
    Squire - not really Fender since these are built under license by another manufacturer.

12. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Ibanez sucks in it's tone. Ibanez is only meant for high gain processed sounds. All the artists you know who use Ibanez get their sound with their heavy rack units. Clean tone in Ibanez sucks big time. Even by construction if you notice, Ibanez guitars use heavy amount of fillers and other finishing materials. So the actual tone from the wood is kinda lost. Where as guitars like Gibson and Fender are real tonal guitars and their wood is very much alive with very little fillers and finishing materials on them. If you buy a Fat Strat with humbuckers, then you still can play Metal. A Fat Strat sounds way different from the actual Strat but will still be light years ahead in tone if you compare it with an Ibanez. Check out Floyd Rose guitars too. They are real nice guitars available at a decent price.

13. Orange Guitar

Man fender fat strat is very expensive....how abt standard (mexican) as rabi sultan said??

14. rabi_sultan

well a cheaper strat would be the Fender Squire Fat Strat.

The Fender USA Fat Strat is at least £700 brand new. The standard (mexican) or japanese strats are in the range of £350-500 and the Squire strats would be around £150.

Anything cheaper then this are the unkown brands.

btw at the Squire strat price you can also look at the Epiphone Les Paul 2 Special. They retail around the same amount.

15. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

All the Sqiers I have seen are less than horrible. You could try out Epiphone. They are pretty decent. Epiphone Les Paul 2 is pretty cheap at about $200. For a nice price you could also look at things like Kramer, Washburn etc.. They are also nice guitars.
    I dont understand onething. You started off the thread like you want to buy "The Best" guitar how much ever it costs. So there even became a debate between Fender and Gibson and US v/s Japan and now you are asking about low priced stuffs to suit your budget which obviously means you are ruling out both of them. Figure your what your budget is and the kind of music you play. If you tell these two, people could give you better suggestions.

16. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

i think Orange guitar is little confused...........

17. nehemiah

nehemiah New Member

why dont u look for the prs guitars...heard they are pretty good

18. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

PRS is ****in costly man...no way........its custom made...
    IBANEZ all the way...fenders suck......
    think this way..JS plays ibanez....so does Vai........ibanez>fender any day

19. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

yeah..PRS is like $3,000+ for most models...their cheapest SEs are in the $1000 bracket...very few can afford it...
    Dr.S :Why let endorsements decide which is better? And BTW , how come u din mention LPs..;):p:??

20. rabi_sultan

very intelligent comment (!)

think this way
    clapton, beck, page, knopfler, malmsteen play fender
    fender > ibanez any time

:p:

btw Orange you have to remember one thing, all these brands are good. I like Fender because it suits the style of music i like. I have NEVER said that Ibanez are poor or Gibson are poor or any other major brand is a poor manufacturer. Remember there is a difference between a guitar i don't like and a guitar that i think is poorly constructed. For instance I don't like Ibanez but never for one moment have I ever thought that they made poor guitars.

@nebuchadnezzar, i didn't mention Les Pauls because he said he had a low budget thus I said consider either a Squire Fat Strat, Epiphone Les Paul Special 2, one of the Ibanez guitars (i have played on that is in that price range but i don't know the model number) or the Yamaha Pacifica.

Personally and this is my opinion only if your going to go for a Fat Strat for the humbuckers then forget the Squire and just go out and spend the money on the Epiphone Les Paul Special 2.