Best effects from this list

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by falcon eyes, Sep 4, 2005.

1. falcon eyes

falcon eyes New Member

:shock: want know best effects from this list plz need someone,s good advs(DS-1/OS-2/MT-2/MD-2)all is made by BOSS co

2. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

All of them are Distrtion pedals by Boss

DS -1 is generally used by Classic Rock Players its got thick & heavy Sound. This is the best stock pedal of Boss Avialable in India ...

OS - 2 is a overdrive its meant to be used with Single Coil Guitars... Its nice pedal I have tried with my Tansen around a year ago on Kustom Cube 40 Amp ...

MT - 2 is generally used by Metal Players allows players adjust the Mids... I know some ppl who can really use this pedal well it goes along well with Ibanez type of Guitars ...

MD - 2 now I have'nt played with this pedal but from what I have read this pedal is good for playing New age Stuff ( nu metal ) ...

You Can Ask Ronnie Anand the pedal freak for further details...

All this Pedals are available locally in India .. You also get DOD & Digitech Pedals .. DS - 1 & OS -2 are budget pedals & availble under Rs 3000/- while MD - 2 & MT -2 are for Around Rs 5500 /-

Incase budget is problem then you can look for DOD / Digtech Pedals are all under 2800 /- expect the Flanger & Chorus are around Rs 3800 / - appx

Ninad

3. falcon eyes

falcon eyes New Member

thanks a lot ninad77

hi, you advised me very nicely and completely. i,m a beginner :eek:: so i,m looking for used ones if i can get them in 25 to 45$cn. ......... i hope. so thanks bro see you later :rock: bye

4. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

are u in Mumbai ???

5. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

dude if are looking for a pedal taht does a staisfactory job then check for Bos DS2 Turbo ...

it has two gain levels ... one id the normal DS-1 dist and the other (turbo setting) is also there ...
    so u get the smooth dist od DS-1 as well as the hardcore dist ..
    ofcourse if u play in death metal u need MT-2 coz it has that werid metallic sound

dunno abtou the MD ...

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Y not get an AmT metalizer...if u are getting it from abroad..tis amazing, just got it...cost m 99 bucks and is worth every penny.
    For more recommendations..contact Ronnie Anand

7. falcon eyes

falcon eyes New Member

hi, guys thanks a lot 2 all of you.ninad i,m in montreal canada.

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

ok ... u want sound for distortion then AMT California sound the best ...
    u want the metal sound - go for the Digitech Death metal ...
    for overdrive - i dunno ...

9. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

for overdrive then AMT Metalizer !
    itz more of HEAVY OVERDRIVE!

10. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

I disagree in some parts,

The DS1 is good for straight forward rock too, not only classic. Its got a nice sound which can get heavy if you crank the distortion knob.

The OS2 is not only meant for single coils, its meant to add some 'dirt' to your sound and push your amp (if its a tube amp) to overdrive it.

The MT2 is meant to give you a metal sound, i have it and its really crap, the pedal has no 'balls' to it. It has way to much distortion and it never satisfied my needs.

MD2 is good, if your looking for a big sound, with lots of balls to it, this is your pedal. Its great for harder rock and can even get abit fuzzy! When i played with my friend, his MD2 KILLED my MT2, i couldnt be heard in the mix, even though i had it at max volume!

And as the other guy said, the DS2 is a great pedal too, both modes are pretty cool and its great for most types of rock.