Best Drum Solo U've Ever Seen?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ak&guitar, Oct 2, 2005.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmmm

Has anyone heard Toad by Cream?
    The drummer goes into an overdrive, and jams his way to glory

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Dude are you crazy?? Dave Lombardo has been credited For making some of the GREATEST metal beats ever!!! And his rolls are superb!!!

Moral- Dont diss Dave Lombardo!!!!

3. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Greatest metal beats ever is not equal to the most use of brains and/or musicality is it? Which is what I wrote

4. chintan9

Dude what the hell does one use to come out with the Greatest Metal Beats ever!!

YOUR BRAINS!!!!(and hands and legs of course :p: )

5. abhijitnath

Not necessarily.Its like that horrible Sivamani /Louis Banks/Niladri Kumar concert I saw on Sunday..excellent as an athletics and dexterity show but about as exciting as watching paint dry.
    And anyway I dont think Slayer is the most brain-requiring music in the world...its third-rate punk rock with thoroughly juvenile lyrics sped up 200%.
    But these are only opinions and theres no way we'll convince each other so I'll stop.

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

muhahahaha

reminds me of

7. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

No. Continue. Personally, i like slayer a bit but in the same way as i like brainless, all out heavy bands like SYL.

8. chintan9

dude i know you havent heard any slayer albums.PUNK ROCK??? For cryin out loud!! THese guys are THRASH METAL!!!!!!!

NOOB ALERT!!!!

PS- Dont comment on a band after listening to only one album of theirs(and the album i am referring to is Undisputed Attitude which is the ONLY Punk rock slayer project)

9. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Forget Dave Lombardo as a Metal Drummer. He is one of the most versatail drummer. He has played for Slayer and some Vivali Symphonies and things like that. He has also guested on some Pop performances. He is seriously an amazing drummer.

Any takers on Dean Castronovo or Denny Caramassi. Simply outstanding drummers. Denny Caramassi is my favourite. He played for Heart, Whitesnake, David Coverdale, Coverdale / Page. Check him out and you will know why I said that.

10. abhijitnath

Of course. I haven't any Slayer albums or albums by another band in any genre, as can be easily seen from all my posts on this BB.
    As any fan of thrash metal would know, the genre has its roots in punk rock which has been seriously sped up. From Wikipedia:
    The origins of thrash metal are generally traced to the late 1970s and early 1980s, when a number of bands began incorporating the sound of the NWOBHM with elements of Hardcore Punk, thus creating a new genre, Thrash Metal.

Try this experiment..slow down Raining Blood 50% on Media Player and tell me it doesn't sound like the Ramones with some tuneless shouting thrown in.

11. ronnieanand

Gotchaa.......

12. abhijitnath

LOL. 'Tis a pity none of the knowledge or influences can ever be heard in the albums:)

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

N.B.: Heavy Metal with traces of punk rock.

14. ronnieanand

Gotchaa ...........

15. abhijitnath

None of this changes the essence of what I said.
    Dave Lombardo might be an excellent drummer; in fact on other band formats I do like his work. Tom Araya might be the greatest composer ever with great understanding of classical music.
    But on Slayer albums both of them play extremely simplistic chord structures, 6th standard lyrics and braindead blast beats...which as Suhas said might be ok in its own 'let's bang our heads with lots of booze in our system' way but is not the world's most intelligent or thought-provoking music.

16. ronnieanand

What :shock: :shock: . Your've gone nuts. You are calling Tom Araya as a Great Classical Music Composer. He has no idea about music.

17. abhijitnath

I'm just quoting you:)
    Personally I think he's an idiot

18. ronnieanand

Why should you quote me. When did I say he's good. Man you must be dreaming... Tom Araya is an idiot. How can you call him a great Classical Composer. He shouts like he got bitten by dogs.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^
    :mad:

^^^

Kill the n00bs!

20. abhijitnath

I didn't call him a great composer at all.
    I merely misread Ronnie's (very heavily disguised) sarcasm:).
    And therefore replied that even if one were to asume that he has arranged Vivaldi or whatever, he still writes crappy songs with Slayer.