Best Drum Solo U've Ever Seen?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ak&guitar, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

this guy is amazing ....he started at the age of 3
    got excellent hand control . Heard he's teaching at Berkley and he's still 19 :shock:
    he's has done stage performances with Dennis Chambers

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

whoa :shock:

now that is smthing I didnt know about

regarding Joey Jordison....the performance was amazing....I mean the stage antics and stuff....the contrul even while turned upside down is difficult to get...
    but honestly he is overrated

3. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

the_wizard likes this.
  4. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

whoa! he's the next portnoy.

5. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

yup thats the guy. He has crazy double bass patterns.

PS- Flo MOunier, Joey Jordison(slipknot=shit) and Lars Ulrich are overrated imho!!

6. chintan9

That is one crazy kid!!!!

7. chintan9

VERY VERY TRUE^^^^. There is absolutely nothing in speed. FLo Mounier is fast(super fast) but his beats have NO character and NO feel. Dave Weckl, Trilok Gurtu, Virgil Donati, Mike Mangini and JojoMayer(to name a few) have brilliant sense of Rhythm and have great feel.

Dont get me wrong, i have nothing against the heavier drummers, in fact I respect a LOT of metal drummers but i just feel that they should look to incorporate more feel into their playing.

GREAT Metal Drummers

1) Gene Hoglan(Death)
    I guess this guy played as big a role in Death as did Chuck Shuldiner. His beats in my opinion have immortalised Death as a deathmetal outfit. The intro beat to Symbolic is just genius.

2) Richard Christy(Death, ICed Earth)
    This guy has great technique and feel. He brought into death the new feel of progression and melody which defined Death's new found Sound(Sound of Perseverance album).

3) Dave Lomabardo(Slayer)
    The best thrash metal drummer ever known to man. His off timed rolls and killer double bass patterns have literally taken Slayer to the next level. REIGN IN BLOOD\M/

4) Van Williams(Nevermore)
    Probably the most underrated metal drummer today. This guy has Richard Christy's Technique , Gene Hoglan's feel and Dave Lombardo's sheer brutality.

5) Steve Flynn(Atheist)
    Piece of time \M/ - Do i need to say anything more???

6) Chris Adler(Lamb of God)- THis guy is leagues ahead of Joey Jordison or any other metal core drummer. His double bass patterns are second to none!!!

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

have you heard their latest album. Doesnt look so.

9. chintan9

I should listen to that. ^^^

10. shsnawada

That will presumably change your mind about him. Its one of the best for drums that i ever heard.

ps: I dont sense much of drumming "feeling" when i listen to SYL :think: I still love the drumming though.

11. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

The only one good drummer i know is virgil donati and i dont know enough of drummer's jargon to explain his technique, i just like him.....sorry for being so ignorant....

12. chintan9

lets see........

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

No one mentioned Opeth's Martin Lopez and Danny Carey from Tool

14. shsnawada

^ I like em both. I really like the way that lopez adapts to acoustic parts then goes to much more physical drumming. Deliverance.......

And danny carey.... I have a drum solo from him. Quite nice.

15. wolfblitz

wolfblitz New Member

dunno about drum solos but as far is i can c.....
    best drumming on one track has to be seasons in the abyss by lombardo[slayer]
    man killing rolls!

16. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I like Dave Growl from Nirvana. He can play fast drums. How fast he played his rolls in Smells Like Teenspirit. He is the fastest drummer.

17. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

There's no subtlety in Slayer or many other thrash drums..its just blast beats and rolls...no musicality or brains required.

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

any fans of Jimmy Chamberlin of Smashing Pumpkins

19. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

The man who was replaced by a drum machine for Adore? He he
    Sounds indispensible to me:)

20. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

yeah...he formed Jimmy Chamberlin Complex....a jazz/rock fusion kinda band
    pretty good stuff