Bengla tab

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Sonali, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

yea thats bengla....hehe i've never heard of a hindi speaking indian singing a bengla song.....thats very good...

2. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

I dont think thats Bengali??

3. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

yes thats bengali all right.
    also sonali, you can call me sayan. and im trying to find those lyrics, and as soon as i do ill post it.

4. jayanth

What does it mean then??

5. Sonali

@jay - it means:

Hey maajhi re, tohaar bina mor jibone neyi mane:
    oh fisher man (hehe i think) without you theres my life has no meaning

Phire aasi ja tui mor kaase:
    come back to me

Jaton kore rakhoboho tohke mor booker moddhe maajhi re, maaji re:
    loveingly i'll keep you in my arms oh fisher man, fisher man....hehe

@sayan - nice name....i'll be waiting for your post

can some one tell me if maajhi literally means fisherman or not......

6. jayanth

fisher man?? Maajhi is Mother right??

7. Sonali

hahaha.....jay, i hope not

8. sayanakaharry

ya u r bang on target sonali maajhi DOES mean fisherman.

9. mudgalbharat

mudgalbharat Silence Must be Heard

i guess Jayanth meant "Maa ji" :))

10. Natasia

Natasia ...

awwwwwwwww..... hehehehehehe.... :p :p :p .... maa ji instead of maajhi .....LOL LOL....

11. jayanth

Oh Thanks...

12. sayanakaharry

@sonali
    Dhiki dhiki is by a Bangladeshi rock band called Miles.
    Trying hard for the lyrics. Keep ur fingers crossed.

13. Sonali

my fingers are crossed sayan, and how did you know abt "Miles" aren't you indian.....i've heard a lot of songs by them but i just didn't know they sang Dhiki Dhiki :)

have you ever heard "Protidan Chaina" by Aiyub Bacchu.....i keep listenting to that song.....it's so nice...don't you think...

14. sayanakaharry

hey sonali
    miles is pretty popular in kolkata. in fact they do so many live shows here that it seems that they almost live here. yes, they have sung Dhiki Dhiki nicely. Have you heard Nishwa? That one rocks.
    Protidan Chaina is a nice piece of work. Ayub Bachchu's band is probably called LRB.

15. Sonali

that "Nishwa" one your talking abt....does that go like " 'Nishwa' korecho aamay ki nitur cholonay, tumu hina ai hridoy aamar aka ki oshohay"
    coz i never understood the first word of that song.....what does it mean anyway.... and if that is the song you're talking abt then you're definately right.....when ever i listen to that cd i listen to that song over and over agian...it sounds sooooo cool

16. sayanakaharry

ya that is the one. nishwa means one who has lost everything.
    by the way, am attending a concert on 1st Oct. chandrabindoo and cactus, two bands from kolkata, and miles and LRB. will be a blast.

17. sonnet

sonnet New Member

sonali...i'm surprised you haven't heard the original dhiki dhiki. yeah, i did listen to the cover verison by that dude....but thats nothing compared to the original.... right click on the link below and save as: (or copy and paste the link in the address bar)

https://www.angelfire.com/jazz/sonnet/Miles-Dhiki.MP3

PS: you can also request bangla mp3s from AG. They would be glad to help nubees like you... :)

-------------------

sayan...dude you are having all the fun in kolkata......when is the concert? Man...i miss those days so much. Is Krosswindz performing? Tuki is indeed a great guitar player. I wish i could see them preform live...

give us updates and bring back pics of that concert :beer:

18. jayanth

Miles Rock.. :rock:

19. Sonali

sonnet thanks for the link but i've heard the original dhiki dhiki.....i actually even have it on cd.....but it's boot legged :eek: so i didn't know who sang it.......

sayan i thought LRB was broken up (i don't know why i thought that).....the last album i heard by both bands was abt 6 or 7 years a go when i left bengladesh so i guess i thought that the bangladeshi bands went off the face of the earth just like bengladesh went out of my life :'(.......

:shock: jay you listen to miles........actually bangladeshi bands are better than american bands......bands like limp biscuit suck and all those stupid little boys who think they can call themselves rockers just coz they scream and yell stuff (not linkin park, they rock :rock:)......bengladeshi bands use such amazing vocals and words.....can you believe i've loved them since i was 4 or 5 :).........

anyone ever heard of the song "protidan chai na" (it's eigher by James or Iyub Bacchu) that song is the theame song of my life......though the object of my affection is constently changing :p (jokin)

20. jayanth

i used to listen to the songs.. But now i stick to Vai and Symphony X..