Bengla tab

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Sonali, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

this song is by Lata Mangeshkar but its in Bengla so i didn't know which forum to put it in (hindi, paki, or english) so i'm putting it here (hope no one minds).

To find it go to https://www.banglamusic.com/ then go to "adhunik gaan" then click on Lata Mangeshkar's name, the name of the song is " ashar_srabon " its the fourth one on Lata's list of songs, i want the tab for the part when she sings the first line 2 times then there is a solo guitar part (it come abt 40 sec. after the song starts) its only like 10 secs long, it seems like it should be really easy to understand but as a begginer its it seems hard, i keep trying to figure it out but can't seem to get it to sound right. if theres any Bengalis in this site you probably heard the song before so if you can plzzzzzzz get me the tab, thanks in advance. i'm offering 20 pts. for it but if it seems too low then we might be able to work something out. it probably uses the B and e strings. essi see i'm eating my cookie (um..never mind abt the last line.....concentrate on the request).

2. Natasia

Natasia ...

hey sonali.. talking abt bong songs... do u have the tabs for this song"aide son siyee maattee..." don't knw if me has speltit right... its a folk song i learnt lonnggg time ago.... anyways...tada tadi eshhoo....... :) :) :).....

3. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

I played a couple of bong songs by bhoomi with my band last year. bong songs r fun!
    btw that doesn't sound like a guitar to me.. more like a sitar. If you wanna play that u will need lots of slides back and forth, but I don't think it'll be too tough. Will get back with a close sounding tab (unless someone beats me to it)

4. Sonali

wow nats i can't believe you speak bengali, i feel soooooooooo close to you now :). i was here when you came but i didn't see your post till now :(. :)i don't understand what you wrote as the title of the song but i understood "tada tadi eshhoo" hehe

5. Sonali

oh thanks ananth

6. Natasia

Natasia ...

hehhee .... me speaks a sum bengali... but me understands most of it... thnxxxx to aaaaaaallllllll my bong friends .. :rock: ... as far as the song is concerned its a folk song... abt a fisherman i :think: not sure though... but its immensely famoush.....

7. Sonali

:think: maybe it goes something like "ai desheair mati" meaning the soil of this country

8. Natasia

Natasia ...

yeeehhh...... u got it gurl... :rock: :rock: .. me :eek: me messed it up sooo bad.....so do ya have the tabs???????

9. Sonali

don't worry abt it.....:eek: once i had to ask an indian friend of mine what "kahona" ment....hehe (its probably supposed to be spelled like "kaho na" like tell me)

:eek: and sorry i don't remember the song, maybe i never heard it.

10. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

HEy if anyone didnt notice. .I speak Bengali.. Nats meant for messing up.. I have not heard that Song.. BUT Ananath Bhoomi Rocks..

11. Natasia

Natasia ...

hehehhee ...totallyyy nats is meant for messing up things...:p :p :p......

12. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Yhea.. Saw yesterday in Chat.

13. prash_rocks

prash_rocks Over the Hills &amp; Far Away

*Bengla*?? what a queer mix of bengali and bangla is that!

btw i too know bengla, i taught myself to read and write the script, though dont know too many words and forgot most of what i knew through disuse.

14. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

Heres a close approximation of what u need. The slides are pretty quick and subtle, and quite different from slides you normally encounter in western music. try to match the timing by listening to the song.

This is entirely in the G (third) string. It is played twice:

5/9--7---3/7\5---2---3---7---7/10\9/10---9---10--10--10

This is entirely on the B (second) string. Play this twice, and second time end it as shown below:

3---6---6/10---10---10/11\10---6/9\7--- | ---5/10--10\8---5/6--6\5/6--5/6--3

This is the ending:
    3----6----10

So is it worth 20 points? :)

15. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

hey anybody got chords for 'jodi tor daak shune '..its a lovely song with a gr8 msg...
    BTW I am from bongland (kolkata)...although I am a marwari I speak almost flawless bong after so many years there..

16. Natasia

Natasia ...

me lovveeesss that song 2 nebu..... but even me doesn't have its tabs..... :( :( ... hey sonali could u help us out here !!!!! :) :) :)....

17. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

hey ...i also remembered another song...'ebaar tor maura gaange'..i sang this song at a 'pada'(locality) function many years ago(i think was in class 4 or 5 that time)......
    chords ne1?????

18. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

@ nebu, ya thats a beautiful song. I hope you find the tabs.

19. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

i am a bangali.how about trying me?

20. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i know couple of bad words in bengali , dun mind sharing with you guys ....

always came across bad bongs ., but one of frens granny was a gem & whenever i use to visit her she use to tell me " eh anumon eh anumon , keela khabo " hehe