Behringer pedals... Are they worth it??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by tirtha2chester, Dec 13, 2011.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

already bought it mate.. i'll see if it does the job for me else i'll sell it off.. no big deal..

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Bad Monkey is one of the best pedals that i have have. I have played it with a crappy marshall Mg10Cd as well as a Laney Cub 10. And plays really well on both. better on laney...Does not sound boxy AT ALL. Is it coz u have Modded ur Amp??

3. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I had replaced the preamp and power amp (Tungsol) tubes, that's the only thing done to the amp.....I am not sure if that is the reason......I can get some decent tones out of it, with the volume at 10, gain at 1 or 2 and on the BM - Level 5, Bass 8, High - 9, Gain at about 5.....Gets me a real neat blues tone.... I guess I need to work more with the BM to find good tones out of it.....Can you share your Cub + BM settings for good overdrive / Blues tone? and a little higher distortion settings?

Is your Laney Dark sounding too? I know the Tube 10 speaker is the worst part in this amp, I am building a cab for general use though, with a Eminence Governor 12" speaker, 75 watts rating. Hope it sounds better with that.....Build is still in progress, i only get to work on it on weekends.

But I am planning to use the Stock preamp tubes with the Tungsol Power tubes, to see if that can give me some better tones.

4. mymusicmyguitar

On Laney Amp my settings(as per the numbers onthe knob) are
    Tone - 6
    Volume - 3.5
    Drive - 3

On BM(clockwise)
    level - 9
    Low - 10
    High - 2
    Gain - 12 - 3(this settin depends..Mostly 3 for Distortion. Around 11 - 12 for overdriven tone)

I rarely use BM as standalone. Most of the times for Overdriven sounds my Compressor is ON and for distortion Digitech is ON and compressor Off

5. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Great, shall try out these settings

6. mymusicmyguitar

One query does ur Laney Cubs Headphone out work?? Mine works but only for the right ear...Damn..still need to check if the jack and cable are alright...

7. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Headphone Out on Laney Cub 10? I am not aware of any headphone out on my Laney Cub 10, do you have any other cub by any chance? like a Cub 12 or something?

8. guitarplayer729

guitarplayer729 New Member

it could be a new model
    and the headphone jack would have become loose if it works only for right ear
    my logitech on my mum's netbook works for right
    on my brother's notebook works for both
    on my shit pc doesnt even work

9. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Not aware of any new model, checked on the Laney Site too.....maybe there is something i don't know.

10. mymusicmyguitar

Lol .. sorry for the misunderstanding. There is no Headphones Out as such on Laney. Its the Output jack to connect to the external Cabs...
    I happened to read on the a forum where the guy was successfully using that output for cabs and connected his Headphones to it. so was a bit surprised and thought of trying it out with my Sennheiser headphones. But only right side worked ;)

11. deepsal

deepsal New Member

^the signal is mono not stereo thats why
    and you are lucky that you didnt blew your headphones

12. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Agree with him, its a mono signal, and yes pls dont try that, it may blow up the headphones, and may also damage the OT, due to impedance mismatch

13. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

how can it actually blow the headphones? and wats wrong with a mono signal?

14. deepsal

deepsal New Member

nothing wrong with the mono signal,the drivers inside the headphones wont be able to handle the power