Beginners Lessons

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tau25gb, Apr 18, 2009.

1. tau25gb

tau25gb New Member

Hello I just joined in, just located the Introductions forum after starting a new thread tagged someplace else. Sorry! Ignorance is bliss!

Well I am tau25gb.

To begin with I've just started learning, well over 5 months now; but a very slow learner. Spend weeks on strum patterns, switching between chords, etc. So leaving aside the months count, am pretty much a beginner.

What I'd like to know is all tabs when shown....eg:
    e|------------------------------|
    B|---------8--------6--------4--|
    G|-------9--------7--------5----|
    D|-----9--------7--------5------|
    A|---7--------5--------3--------|
    E|-0----------------------------|

has these numbers on the string [0 7 9 9 8]....and majority of websites show such way of naming the tabs. I do not understand how to interpret the numbers. Could somebody please tell me how to do it, or provide me with some website url that teaches me to interpret these numbers.

Well I'm learning from a tutor, but am in a pretty nascent stage; so am trying to learn things at my personal end too. A little bit of guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks

2. Preet_31

Preet_31 New Member

Hello tau25gb,
    I m also new member here.
    the thing u mentioned, it is not so difficult to understand the numbers.
    U just have to follow the sequence of numbers comes first from left to right.
    lets see...
    e|------------------------------|
    B|---------8--------6--------4--|
    G|-------9--------7--------5----|
    D|-----9--------7--------5------|
    A|---7--------5--------3--------|
    E|-0----------------------------|

here 0 comes first i.e, u hav to stroke E string open after that 7 comes i.e, hav to play 7th fret on A string similarly.. 9th fret on D string again 9th on G string & so on..
    Understood..? its quite easy ..

3. tau25gb

tau25gb New Member

Thanks

@ Preet_31
    yeah I did understand...thanks a lot buddy :)

4. kim444july

kim444july New Member

hey tau25gb

hi!

gr8 to see that someone is pretty much a beginner here.. I too m learning almost 2.5months now.. But m not going to the classes for over 2 weeks now.. Share some english songs leads that u r learning. Thanks

5. Dr.A.Radhakrish

Dr.A.Radhakrish New Member

Hi Iam interested in tamil songs notes could you help me

6. sougato023

sougato023 New Member

Hi,
    I am also new to guitar. I have one confusion in the tabs shown above. After the sequence
    [0,7,9,9,8] then there is a gap before the next sequence i.e [5,7,7,6] and again there is a gap.
    And one more point the first sequence has 5 elements where as the nxt two has only 4.
    Can anyone pls clarify these points.

With regards,
    Sougato

7. Sach077

Sach077 New Member

Hi all....

Heyaa every1....m a beginner, new 2 guitar......juz hope 2 get along wid u ppl.